• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lymington Mummy Bun - Precious

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Last night we moved the mum that is due her babies some time soon to TRC so that she is in one place, where she can stay when the babies arrive and where she is near the rescue vet in case we need to intervene as we had to with Lara.

She is very, very nervous and her eyes tell us so much. She's so distant, as a lot of the bunnies appear to be. We've called her Precious - as she really is (as are all buns of course) but this seems to suit her. I think she's going to take some time to get right but I feel sure that in due course she'll make a boy a lovely wife.

My only concern is that because she's been a breeding doe, that she'll always assume another rabbit approaching her will be there to in effect 'rape' her and she'll be frightened rigid.

Let's hope she learns the power of unconditional love very quickly and turns her life around.

Thanks go to Janice who took Precious in with a large number of the other Lymington buns for us for a few days so we could have them all in one place nearby.

Pretty girl Precious

4thSept2010003.jpg

4thSept2010005.jpg

Oh shes a very pretty girl :love:

I hope she settles and has her babies without problems then she can have her freedom from breeding and enjoy life .

Awww, she's beautiful. I'm sure with a lot of love, space and care she'll lose that scared look in her eyes.

She's a beautiful bunny, but does look very scared. Hopefully she will soon learn that she is now in a safe place with a hopefully happy future ahead of her. :love:

Furby has that look in his eyes too:( In a way (but not a nasty way) I am relieved that another Lymington bun looks like that as I was a bit worried it was something I am doing wrong.

I hope Precious' babies are born easily and safely.

Gentle hugs to Precious:love:

When Precious was with me she hardly came out of the bedroom area of the hutch, if she did she would be out for the mimnimum length of time she could be out. It would be interesting to find out how many of the others are as timid.

Lara however was quite bold and would sit with her head looking out of the bedroom at what was going on.

Well today when she was left to her own devices, Precious was seen to do Superman legs i.e. legs fully out the back. So I think she feels comfortable.

Fingers crossed she'll get the good vibe and calm a little before any kits arrive.

Gosh yes you can really see it in her eyes can't you :( Poor little lamb, I'm sure she will soon realise that she is in a happy, safe place now where she can relax. Hopefully by the time she has raised her litter she will be feeling much more confident and ready for a husbun of her own x

Back