• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A ThankU And A New Tale! (or two)

flopsybunn

Young Bun
Thank you all for the kind messages you left on RU after I lost my beloved indoor bunny Emo in May. The good news from that awful day is that my husband has since bought me Two Bonded Sisters - Rescue Bunnies from Wood Green for my ?th birthday! He was so concerned how sad I became after Emo's passing (who will always be my TopBun) that some weeks ago he took me to Wood Green to *look* at the bunnies - - and we both fell in love with two little Grey/White Netherland Dwarf X sisters who had had a rough start in life.

So - - after much form filling - vetting (which I totally understand why) and a home visit from Wood Green the bunnies eventually came to live with us and I named them Bubble+Squeak. They are outdoor bunnies (as that's what they've been used to) that now live in a large hutch and run, made by my carpenter husband, specifically to Wood Greens requirements.

The bunnies outdoor housing is such that I can get to it quite easily (I have mobility problems) and on days when I can't manage this, both my husband and my carer girlie help out with bunny duties! Fortunately because I have a long picture window at the end of my kitchen I can watch any bunny activity from a table and chair there.

I try to handle Bubbles and Squeaky every day, as they were so frightened to begin with, having had TWO separate owners that dumped them back at the Rescue Centre. Now we have the pleasure to love and care for them as we did our much loved Emo.

Slowly these fluffy girlies are becoming more confident in our presence and to see them "jumping for joy" is just fabulous. They will never take the place of Emo - he was one special boy, but Bubble+Squeak have helped lessen my sadness somewhat at losing him and I take great pleasure in watching them groom - play and relax together. They have come on "leaps and bounds" so as to say! since they came to live with us.

Squeaky is a diva, forever grooming herself and keeping her pure white front absolutely pure white! She does a kind of "slow wink" of her eye as she knows she's beautiful. She's not as easy to handle as Bubble (think catwalk model in the human world) fearing I might ruffle up her pristine expensive looking fur coat!!!

Bubbles on the other hand doesn't mind her fur being brushed by a human. She is not at all interested in looking forever beautiful (think down-to-earth girlie in the human world) She has ears that don't know where they want to be at - sort of midway and has a dark marking over her eyes which looks almost like she is permanently frowning. These two bunnies are a joy to own and already I'm "in love" again!

What a wonderful story...your OH sounds very special & thoughtful....and how lovely to give Bubble & Squek a forever home....well done you for giving them another chance....they sound adorable...:love:

Pics?:D

This is my 1st try at pic putter-upping!

IMG_0375.jpg

Squeaky on the left and Bubbles on the right

What a lovely story & what beautiful girls :love::love:
A case of third time lucky for them coming to live with you. :)

Back