• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Earls new 'compact' minimalistic home...

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Ear used to have an indoor cage- he is a free range bunny who uses a cage as a 'base' only and is never shut in.

This was his cage:

Earl.jpg

but when we had our new dining table- he didnt caree about his crate any more- he just went in there to poop and eat and then just ran back under the table to sleep all day like so.........

newbun003.jpg

So, I went on holiday last week and saw this cat corner toilet and thought PERFECT!!!

so today his cage went and was replaced by his new 'compact' bolt hole...

Photo0328.jpg

Whats this Mole? Lets check it out...:

Photo0330.jpg

No you cant come in Mole this is MY HOUSE!!!

Photo0331.jpg

Oh ok then, theres room enough for two I suppose...... but rudolph stays OUTSIDE!!!

Photo0333.jpg

So now Earl has a less bulky (more exciting) hidey hole....

and we have our dining room back....... u can hardly tell

Photo0327.jpg

Does he not chew the table and chairs?

He has no front teeth! they were removed by his previous owners which means our lovely oak furniture is safe... and the wires.....and all of our other possessions...

im not sure why they removed but I would imagine it was for that reason....

Brilliant pics. He is a lucky bunny - and must be a well-behaved one. :love::love: Most buns would wreck havoc ... Mole is very cute too. ;)

Brilliant pics. He is a lucky bunny - and must be a well-behaved one. :love::love: Most buns would wreck havoc ... Mole is very cute too. ;)

Mole is Earls VERY best friend. Since the day we had Earl they have been together.... to the vets, on holiday, you name it. Earl adores him and licks him and has even put him in the food bowl before to try and get him to eat....

They are in :love::love:

I have considered bonding Earl with Lucy, but hes very much a people bunny. And Lucy has teeth so the pair of them would have to go in the garden and Earls been a house bun his whole life and is TERRIFIED of the garden. I have put him in a run before out there and he just hides for hours... if I open the blinds fully in the house he hides.... I dont know what his old owners did with him to make him this way

Heheh, what a cutie pie - love the little story that comes with the pics, made me chuckle! :lol:

He has no front teeth! they were removed by his previous owners which means our lovely oak furniture is safe... and the wires.....and all of our other possessions...

im not sure why they removed but I would imagine it was for that reason....

I want to get a dining table and chairs the one i like is £600 so expensive bunny chew toy:shock: Erm maybe my vet will remove Lyrics teeth?:shock::oops::lol::lol::lol:

I just say the bit about his teeth. :shock: Do you have to cut up his veg really small? My rabbit is a single bun - not ideal, I know, but he seems happy and is quite spoilt considering he is a garden bunny. :love::love:

I just say the bit about his teeth. :shock: Do you have to cut up his veg really small? My rabbit is a single bun - not ideal, I know, but he seems happy and is quite spoilt considering he is a garden bunny. :love::love:

None of my bunnies have veg as part of their daily diet..... The outdoor buns get a carrot a day or whatever my crazy neighbour decides to feed them :? but generally have dandelion leaves etc...

Earl has every other day usually, a grape or two or chopped carrot or broccoli, or fresh grass.. but he can eat SS pelletts but is now on excel... so can eat anything pellet sized....

A lot of bunny owners have different ideas on feeding buns.... some feed hay, followed by veg with a sprinkling of pelletts...

mine get hay unlimited, small bowl of food daily and veg as treats only... it works for them :)

I bought one of those cat litter trays for my indoor two a while ago. I fill it with hay and they use it to dig in. I thought they may get confused and use it as a litter tray, but they don't.

Mine have a crate as their base - and it does take up a lot of my kitchen, but some of the cats sleep on it so it has a dual purpose.:)

I bought one of those cat litter trays for my indoor two a while ago. I fill it with hay and they use it to dig in. I thought they may get confused and use it as a litter tray, but they don't.

Mine have a crate as their base - and it does take up a lot of my kitchen, but some of the cats sleep on it so it has a dual purpose.:)

ha, ideal....

yeah if Earl used his crate more I would have kept it but it was literally used for pooing and nomming hay- but he spent too much time away from it lying under the table....

his new 'hidey hole' is for pooing and hay nomming so does the same job at 1/4 of the space...

AWWW Earl and Mole! :love:
Pie is the same, she has a pink pig "Piggy" that she will pick up and take with her like a dog with a faveorite ball. So sweet!
I love Earls name too!

Back