• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay, Pellets or Veg - what do your buns like best?

Hay, Pellets or Veg?

• Hay

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Pellets/Mix

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Veggies

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I was wondering, what do your bunnies like best, what do they get most excited about? Mine love their pellets the most, the go bonkers waiting for me to fill the dish, hay and veg are definately second best.

My last bunny loved her hay more than anything though! Hay was eaten before bunny food.

I'll make this multiple choice as some of you will have bunnies with different favourites.

ETA: Darn, can a mod make my poll multiple choice?

bunnies treat pellets like kids treat sweets... they prefer them as they are 'treats' not proper food!
If you feed buns too many pellets, they will reduce their hay intake which will not help the wearing down of their teeth... so beware of giving buns too many 'sweeties'!

Mine go for hay if I put in burns green oat at the same time as veg or pellets.

If it's between pellets and vegetables, veges hands down x

Mine get massively excited for all three! When I get their pellets out of the cupboard under the stairs, they both run up and down the length of their pens, and as soon as I bring their bowls over, they jump up and jump on my arm as if it would make me put the bowls down more quickly! Then they have their veg and they go just as mad! And when I get fresh hay out of the bag, they run circles around my feet and jump in and out of their cages, hahah! :love:

They also love getting a raisin, as soon as I rustle the raisin bag, they come darting over - I kneel down and they put their little feet on my lap and stretch up to take a raisin from my mouth! :D

Spenser favours kale and parsley, which I know are a bit high in calcium for regular feeding. I bought kale for the first time in ages this week as this is his birthday month. I don't know his exact birthday, but as far as Pet Plan is concerned he was born 1st September. He also loves his Excel pellets (ordinary ones and the oregano variety).

bunnies treat pellets like kids treat sweets... they prefer them as they are 'treats' not proper food!
If you feed buns too many pellets, they will reduce their hay intake which will not help the wearing down of their teeth... so beware of giving buns too many 'sweeties'!

Oh I know, don't worry, they only get their egg cup each :) but they do go crazy for them, and they do eat a LOT of hay, they are just happier about the pellets.

Um; food?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

They love eating full stop! When I clean the litter tray out in a morning they often leap into the newly cleaned litter tray to nom the fresh hay.... when I fetch them grass and (safe) weeds from the garden they go nutty for it ..... when we fetch their veggies they go nutty for those too and they both *know* where we keep the Fenugreek Crunchies and often sit in the kitchen 'pointing' at them by periscoping and looking towards them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They go mad for their pellets too bless 'em! ;) xx

Mine love all three but I suppose if they were to be put in order starting with the most exciting it would be:

1) Veggies
2) Pellets
3) Hay

They adore getting fed whatever it is though! :lol:

AMETHYST

Back