• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Somethings brewing

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
I hope so much im wrong but Ive got a 'feeling' somethings not right with Mimi.
Its nothing major or obvious, just little things like shes getting abit picky with her food,refusing her faves like banana were what got me noticin :?
Shes still eating lots of hay, comes for her pellets in the morning (although not as enthusiastically as usual) and drinking plenty so its not like theres anything specific i can take her to the vets with. But shes been quieter than usual for the past few days and i just have a horrible feeling.
These were the subtle warning symptoms before her head tilt a few months ago, i didbt know her well enough then and thought that was just how she was but now i know her like the back of my hand.
She is maulting atm (my god do they ever stop!) so im hopibg its just that making her abit quieter than usual. Somethin in me waters feels funny though :(

She may have ingested a lot of fur and so her guts are staying fuller than normal. Rabbits often go off foods that wont help their guts when GI tract hypomotility is an issue. The banana would be best avoided as the sugars it contains will exacerbate gut dysbiosis.

I'd try to up her fluid intake and avoid feeding anything like fruit or carrots.
The more hay and water she takes on board the better. Exercise will help too.

Grooming her a couple of times a day will help minimise the amount of fur she ingests. Hopefully once the fur already ingested passes through her appetite and demeanor will return to normal xx

Ah i hope you're right! I groom her everyday anyway and have limited her pellets since i noticed...whatever it is :? I wouldnt usually feed banana i just used it as a tester to see how her appetite was as she usually adores it. Even with her head tilt shed devour banana if offered, and sometimes we had to hide her meds in some!
So plenty of hay and fluids then, luckily shes great at consuming plenty of both :)
Argh i just DETEST moulting :evil:

Vibes that Mimi is OK. :wave: My Spenser has just started his first moult. He won't let me brush his front, so I'm hoping he oesn't ingest too much. He sits still and even seems to enjoy having his back brush, but gets very cross whenI try to do his front. :roll::roll:

Just had an experience of a gassy bun there. I feel for you - hate it when they're not quite right. Hope she's ok for you. :wave:

Sounds like there may be something wrong I got this feeling a couple of days ago and Frankie then stopped eating last night. He's eating veg and hay now but not pellets.

Back