• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not happy with my P@H

weedug

Mama Doe
and they are usually so good with buns too.

I was in on Sunday and there was an English spot rabbit in the adoption section that I really loved. Looking at him closer though he didn't look too happy and had a weepy eye. I get a guy over to talk about the bun, and then pointed out the eye and that the bun needed to see a vet. He did go and make an appointment for late the same afternoon, and took the bun round the back.

I have just been in again today to see how the bun was doing, and asked why he was neutered when he had weepy eyes. The answer? He had been in a fight when running around the store that morning, and his "parts" were torn pretty badly, so the only thing to do was to neuter him and try to fix him that way.

This poor bun was on the shop floor, waiting to be rehomed :shock:. What if someone had asked for him, and he was just stuffed in a box in the shop, and stuffed in a hutch in his new home??

The staff were going to let me take him today, but I kept wanting answers to this and that, so the woman said she would go ask the vet all my questions, and only then said that the vet needed the bun to stay where he was as he was still getting treatment.

I'm well annoyed with them :evil:, and they know it!

Anyway, bun is now still sitting in the back of the shop, with my name on him! Will be harassing them about him early next week.

Sorry for the length of the post :oops:, I'm still mad :evil:

P@H make me so angry sometimes, but that's mainly because i dont agree with rabbits - or any animals for that matter - being sold in shops or stores.

BUT luckily there are people like yourself who know how to give them a good home and the life they deserve. poor little mite, hope you get him home soon! :)

Too right I was arguing again, and I will do the same if I see another bun in there that I'm not happy with.

I'm in there a lot too, usually just for a look at the toys on my way past. I think I might end up being banned from the place :lol:

And they were going to rehome him in that condition :evil:. When I kept pressing about why he was neutered they admitted that he had been "torn real bad down there". And he was like that for goodness knows how long :censored::censored::evil::evil:

Oh I am so cross :evil:.

And when they brought him out for me to see him, the woman kicked his cage all the way from the back of the shop. :censored::censored:

Ehh, the one in my old town wasn't so bad but they did get me a bit angry once. In their adoption section was a rabbit with a bad case of snuffles and sneezing. It's bedding was COMPLETE sawdust, and was obviously irritating the poor lad.

Staff can be clueless sometimes :roll:

I went into a local garden centre that sells pets. It was during the hot weather last summer and they had three indoor cages, the type with clear plastic roofs stacked up on top of one another. I was then amazed to see that they actually had rex rabbits inside them. I was livid and asked a staff menmber to unstack the cages, she just glared at me...unstacked the cages and walked off. Its unbelievable what these shops think is acceptable.:roll: The only good thing was there was a young couple there who has been watching and they asked my advice on buying and keeping rabbits, so I was able to give them some hopefully good information and direct them to the nearest rescue.:)

Mine used to be great, I've said that about them on here quite a few times. But their standards have slipped lately.

At least the buns all have toys and hay, fans on them in the warm weather, and frozen bottles of water to cool them off. I have seen them given fresh veg in the morning, but that was a little while ago.

But to me there is no excuse for anyone with animals who know they have been in a fight, to just dump the animal in a cage and leave it. He even had an obvious injury to his eye. I saw his "bits" today, and he looked really sore and nothing like my male bun who was neutered a couple of weeks ago.

Back