• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do my house buns like it outside?

esupi

Warren Veteran
Once they get there, they seem happy enough pottering around eating the grass and trying to eat everything else (keeping me busy stopping them as i don't know what anything is!). They also run around and binky much more than they do indoors.

BUT - every time I bring their carrier out to take them to the garden, they stamp their little feet and hide behind their bed!! They've probably been outside about half a dozen times in the last 2-3 weeks, and haven't been to the vet for 4 months, so not sure why they dislike the carrier to much if they don't seem to mind it outside?

Do they just have rubbish memories and forget where they're going? maybe they genuinely don't like the garden? I don't want to keep putting them out if they don't like it!

Thanks!
esupi

and what about being chased....?

also - Fudge seems to binky most when my OH chases her! I used to tell him off for doing it, 'cos I didn't think it was nice to them, but is it possible that she thinks it's fun?

esupi
:)

It could be that you are taking them outside, when they want to sleep. Or it could be the carrier association with the vet. Mine stomp when they see it coming too.

Earl HATES the garden, and he hates too much light in the house... he even hides if the windows and curtains are open... maybe they just dont like it...

Arrabella hunches up when she susses out the carrier is there not just for playing in but because I want her to go in it...she goes all still & shuts the world out and has to be nudged along...where as Indina thumps - runs away & then curiosity gets the better of her and she jumps in....when I put the door on they grab it with their teeth 7 shake it like mad...they dont ike being shut in.......this happens wether they are inside or outside....I think they dont like the "up, up & away flying feeling"....I try lift them gently & support underneath the carrier so it feels more solid & hold the opening bit towards my body....
Either way - I think they also dont know where they are going...sometimes its to the vets...or inside or outside....but each time after they come out I give the a little treat....at least after Arrabella has thumped and run away!:lol:

I think that even if they dont like the little bit of travelling in it...its important they dont always associate it with the vets - else it will be a nightmare each time it came out...my gilrs play in it sometimes too....

Its hard to know exactly how they feel orr why they do...but as long as they trust us in caring for them....we can only try our best....and if that involves a "flight" to the run sometimes for extra big binky's then "flight" it is....bless them!
:love:
A door is great for them ot have easy access themselves too.....but I find that being able to handle them form the carrier enable me to make sure they have clean bums etc....:D

hmmm if only we could get into their heads for a few seconds to know what they're thinking!

A door would be a great idea, but we live in a 3-story house and they live on the middle floor so would need to bunny-proof the whole downstairs for them too!

will persevere a bit longer as long as they're binkying outside I guess :)

Do you have anything lining the carrier to stop them slipping? My boys like a piece of fleece on the floor of the carrier, with a layer of hay on top, even for short trips to the run etc.:)

Do you have anything lining the carrier to stop them slipping? My boys like a piece of fleece on the floor of the carrier, with a layer of hay on top, even for short trips to the run etc.:)

They have some old blanket in there. Mostly they dig it and push it out of the way as soon as they're in so then they're sliding around anyway! Sometimes, they're not the brightest....:)

Back