• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little Lymington 68 Bun - Netty Poppet

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
This little lady is one of the Lymington 68 and has been fostered by a lovely lady called Tanya (tjbole on RU) since we took her out of the squalor on Monday. She's not eating much at all and has today been to the vets for a health check. Her age was said to be around 3 - 31/2 by the owner but Ivan the vet believes her to be older (5-6). She has severe tooth root issues and is now on medication.

She's a bonny lady and will make someone a lovely wifeybun when she is given time to repair from her miserable 3 yrs (or maybe 5-6) in a 3ft hutch with no daylight to speak of. We've given her the name of Netty Poppet (A mouthful I know but I'll call her Netty for short and Tanya can call her Poppet)

She's currently exploring her hutch which is tiny for the rabbits we normally have here, but for her it's a mansion. 5x2 1/2 x 2 1/2. We've to keep her quiet and confined for a while as her bones won't be able to cope with a sudden increase in space due to muscle wastage not supporting her little body in the normal way.

3rdSept2010021.jpg

Oh Helen she is a little poppet,:love: I do hope she begins to feel more comfortable soon and I'm sure she will find a wonderful forever home when she is ready to make that next step. Well done once again everyone for getting these bunnies out.

oh... Thats just sooo sad - i just emailed the people I contacted to help with this rescue to say thanks you - even though they were'nt needed & said that the buns were in ok health so far......obvioulsy not! I feel so sad for them...
Cant wait for pic of this beautiful littel girl....she sounds like she will be the most grateful loving little sweety ever...

I commented on the other thread...she is beautiful! Bless her little face...soo pretty! Come'on Poppet get those muscle working - life has turned for the good for you sweety!:love:

What a little darling, she has the sweetest face :love: I hope the meds make her feel a little better so she can start munching that big tray of nommy hay she's in!

Oh my goodness what a pretty little thing she is!

She's absolutely gorgeous! I'm sure someone will fall madly in love with her and give her the home she deserves soon. x

Bless her, hope she is soon able to enjoy her better surroundings. She must think she's dreaming! :love::love::love:

Oh shes so lovely, nice to see her looking happy, shes even more beautiful in real life, such a dinky little head with big beautiful eyes :love:

Back