• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winston (horse), a morning in the forest....

nursecroft

Wise Old Thumper
Winston really didn't want to get up this morning....:lol:

IMG_0446copy.jpg

IMG_0447copy.jpg

IMG_0448copy.jpg

He was really not amused....

IMG_0449copy.jpg

But once we got out, he really enjoyed himself :D

IMG_0456copy.jpg

We went paddling...

IMG_0457copy.jpg

Saw some deer....

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

Had a canter on a nice sandy track and jumped a tree...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw5WtZyVCpU

Then was time to go home...

IMG_0459copy.jpg

Have a wash... well play with the hosepipe...

IMG_0464copy.jpg

Say hello to the mrs' and give her a quick kiss....

IMG_0462copy.jpg

Then tuck into some yummy hay....

IMG_0465copy.jpg

Poppy was even pleased to see us back and let me have her fav toy :D

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Excuse pic quality just took them with my iphone camera!

Last edited:
Great photos, Winston is a handsome fella! I LOVE the New Forest, you are so lucky to live there!

Ahh I love Winston!
What breed is he again?
What was wrong with his back?
I'm itching SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to get back on Obie, but have to wait only 4 more days until the saddler comes :D

Ahh I love Winston!
What breed is he again?
What was wrong with his back?
I'm itching SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to get back on Obie, but have to wait only 4 more days until the saddler comes :D

His sire is thoroughbred and dam is newforestxwelsh, he was a rescue, angela went to see him and he was skin and bone as a three year old unbroken, the woman who sold him has been investigated several times by RSPCA, Angela had to get him out... you wouldnt recognise him as the same horse! He definetely has a cheeky pony brain but thoroughbred feet... not alot can keep up with him once he's going across a nice soft green! Oh he only had a pulled muscle, chiropractor said he probably did it in the field being a goon :oops: had the saddle checked and its fine as i thought though. He had a week off and just light work for a week, building him back up again now. Oh how exciting! Cant wait to see more pics of Obie :D

His sire is thoroughbred and dam is newforestxwelsh, he was a rescue, angela went to see him and he was skin and bone as a three year old unbroken, the woman who sold him has been investigated several times by RSPCA, Angela had to get him out... you wouldnt recognise him as the same horse! He definetely has a cheeky pony brain but thoroughbred feet... not alot can keep up with him once he's going across a nice soft green! Oh he only had a pulled muscle, chiropractor said he probably did it in the field being a goon :oops: had the saddle checked and its fine as i thought though. He had a week off and just light work for a week, building him back up again now. Oh how exciting! Cant wait to see more pics of Obie :D

I have loads of pictures of Obie on my camera as I bought him some brand new John Whitaker tendon boots from eBay for only £15 when the RRP is £40!

He looks so grown up with them on! :lol:

He's a beautiful looking horse! Did you break him in yourself?

Obie was a 'goon' in the field the other day and threw a shoe! Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious!

Lovely horse.
The first horse had was a loan horse who was a thoroghbred cross new forest- she certainly taught me a thing or to- she was a chestnut as well!

I have loads of pictures of Obie on my camera as I bought him some brand new John Whitaker tendon boots from eBay for only £15 when the RRP is £40!

He looks so grown up with them on! :lol:

He's a beautiful looking horse! Did you break him in yourself?

Obie was a 'goon' in the field the other day and threw a shoe! Glad to hear it wasn't anything serious!

Oh no Ive only been riding him 5 years, he's 16! Angela is in her 60's and i jumped on him once at a show and took him over some jumps as she said he was a little too keen for her and was stag jumping everything! She asked me if id like to keep riding him, mum was poorly so we only had 2 ponies so it was nice to have something bigger to ride and ive ridden him ever since. I just clicked with him and we have great fun together, Angela said he would miss me so i have to keep going :D My dad has always shod him though, Angela sent him away to be backed and my mum helped angela break him to harness.

Oh no Ive only been riding him 5 years, he's 16! Angela is in her 60's and i jumped on him once at a show and took him over some jumps as she said he was a little too keen for her and was stag jumping everything! She asked me if id like to keep riding him, mum was poorly so we only had 2 ponies so it was nice to have something bigger to ride and ive ridden him ever since. I just clicked with him and we have great fun together, Angela said he would miss me so i have to keep going :D My dad has always shod him though, Angela sent him away to be backed and my mum helped angela break him to harness.

I thought you meant Angela off the forum :oops:
Bless Winston's little heart! He is a very lucky boy indeed.

Not only am I jealous of you for having Winston, but Poppy AND the scenery. I wish I hadn't looked at those photos. Fingers crossed for the lotto tonight :lol:

Back