• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

How to give panacur?

My two get really stressed syringing it directly into their mouths so i hide it in banana now :) xxxx

I just pop it in their mouths with the syringe through the gap between their teeth. They are never best pleased but don't seem to mind the taste.

two of mine are really good and just take it from the syringe and love the taste lol, whereas my other one hates the syringe near his mouth, so we put it either on a little bit of curly kale or cucumber, or just add it onto a rabbit treat and he eats it all that way

We normally use a piece of brocolli, skewered with a kebab skewer, then the correct grads of panacur applied. Also works well with apple and as Grace mentioned, banana. :wave:

Get a dandelion leaf put Panacur in middle and fold over. That works if bunny loves dandelions. The Panacur holds the two sides of the leaf together and bunnies are none the wiser. The first time I wormed Honey I gave up as she wouldn't take it in side of mouth and was way too stressful. With this way have had no problems with either of my buns taking it. Can use with any leaves they like. Good luck!:wave:

When I panacured Thistle, I gave it to him squidged between two fenugreek crunchies.

Jess had EC and she was easy to medicate when she was too wobbly to run away but as she recovered, it got more difficult. The only way I could get it into her on her perkier days was to put it on a bit of rich tea biscuit :oops: I don't think that's really recommended though! :lol:

I wrap the dose needed in a basil leaf. Have never had any problem with anybun taking it. In fact they soon learn when it is time for the panacur and stand waiting :lol:

I just pop it in their mouths with the syringe through the gap between their teeth. They are never best pleased but don't seem to mind the taste.

Like this but put your knee behind their bum and your hand on top of their head to stop them shuffling away. Wrap in a towl if you still can't get it in. Usually the first dose is the hardest, I think it tastes quite nice.

I wrap the dose needed in a basil leaf. Have never had any problem with anybun taking it. In fact they soon learn when it is time for the panacur and stand waiting :lol:

This works for my two as well. :D:D No stress and no need to catch them to administer it because they come to me.

Not tried it myself yet, but someone on RU said put dose in mini shredded wheat, let it dry overnight and give to bun in morning, they should take it then with no problem. I am going to try this next time mine need panacur.:)

Back