• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Devastated - Little Alfie Is Dead (unwanted P@h Bunny)

suzibunbun

Mama Doe
It is with tears in my eyes and great sadness in my heart that I am letting my RU friends know that sweet Alfie was PTS this evening. He was struggling so much and had gone downhill today very quickly - I cuddled him yesterday afternoon at the vets and today as he struggled to lift his little head up - it was the best decision really as he had been given everything yet nothing had worked. Rest in peace sweet Alfie, with us so short a time but loved so much and in our hearts forever :love:ALFIE:love:

I am so sorry :cry: he was gorgeous and lucky to have been given a home out of PAH.
So sorry he couldnt say longer.

Binky free Alfie xx

I'm so sorry it was Alfie's time to go to the bridge :cry::cry::cry:

Binky free wee man, another bunny angel in heaven xxx

So so sorry to hear this, gone too soon but he knew what it was to be loved and cared for, and that you did all you could. Run free little Alfie.

I'm so sorry. It's particularly sad that his time with you was so short.
Sleep tight little Alfie.

What a traumatic evening! Brought Alfie home for a couple of hours so we could all say our goodbyes properly and cuddle him again. Just got back in now - feeling completely drained at the mo, no doubt more tears and heartbreaking sobs will follow later on. Such a massive shame such a beautiful little lad died so young - vet said he probably was poorly from P@H after being in there so long without a proper diet - the shock change from that to loving cuddles, fresh air, green grass, sunshine and proper food may have been too much. I could feel guilty that he might have been okay if he had stayed there and I hadn't taken him home but I am sure what i offered him was a million times better (or was it?)

What a traumatic evening! Brought Alfie home for a couple of hours so we could all say our goodbyes properly and cuddle him again. Just got back in now - feeling completely drained at the mo, no doubt more tears and heartbreaking sobs will follow later on. Such a massive shame such a beautiful little lad died so young - vet said he probably was poorly from P@H after being in there so long without a proper diet - the shock change from that to loving cuddles, fresh air, green grass, sunshine and proper food may have been too much. I could feel guilty that he might have been okay if he had stayed there and I hadn't taken him home but I am sure what i offered him was a million times better (or was it?)

Don't you dare feel guilty. I can't believe this little bunny had us both completely torn. He was such a lucky bun to have been able to get out of there and have a proper home, albeit if it were only for a few days.

The life he had in P@H definitely lacked quality, the poor we mite spent the whole time hiding in his tube :( You gave him your best shot and I personally am truly grateful.

Sending lots of love to you and your family, xxx

Back