• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What food do you feed your buns?

What foos do you feed your buns

• Total voters
Just wondering what food everyone feeds their buns. If you have changed foods, id like to know why :)

Ive been meaning to change mine over to SS for a while and finally bought a couple of bags whilts they were on offer.

I use Beaphar's pellets - we were given a free sample and the boys all loved them (they smell so herby I'm tempted to try them myself :oops:) so I changed over.

A&P this is what the rescue feeds thier buns so Holly was on it and Alvin has been converted (again lol) im also mixing wagg in aswell because im not happy with the dullness of Alvins coat on A&P

Rabbit Royale mix. My buns had always been on pellets since I first got them, A&P to be precise. When Noisette came along, she was suffering sooo much from various conditions and was losing weight like no tomorrow (she came to me at 8kgs and plummeted to 4.5 :cry:) I just had to battle on and keep feeding her as much as she would take. As she suffered from molar spurs, she couldn't eat A&P because the pellets were too hard. Tried SS but found it far too expensive to feed her as she would need so much. She LOVED Excel junior pellets, but she kept having reoccurring statis with it.

Until she went on holiday with one lovely woman named Theo :love: Theo worked absolute WONDERS with her, and she gained sooo much weight when she stayed at hers for a week. Theo went back to basics and fed her Mix food; what she was being fed on before she came to me. She gobbled them up and started gaining weight again :D. I've tried her on a few different mixes, until I found Rabbit Royale. It's a brilliant mix food - near enough natural, sooo cheap and the best thing is Noisette loves it. Oscar loves it too, but he is such a good boy and not fussy at all! I do think its a great mix and they will be fed on it as long as they live :)

Oxbow Pellets for Charlie and April :)! It's 29% fibre and we had trouble getting Charlie to eat hay when we first got him so it seemed a good choice :) Plus it's made with Timothy hay! He used to have Excel but it was very rich and caused a mucky bum once or twice, but since being on Oxbow all is well :)

Science Selective for D&D they were on Excel initially but it gave Dudley an upset tummy with huge amounts of uneaten cecotrophs!

Back