• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

poor casper =[ (UPDATE) he is better :D

beccimarie

Mama Doe
:( caspers not well again, knew it was coming, last saturday would not take his normal food or treat belly gassy so got him out and did what the vet told me to do before ringing which is to give him metacam and syringe feed and in the morning he had perked up and was eating everything, today i get home to a poorly boy hunched in the corner i called him to great me and he did that low strech that bunnys do when they have a belly ach and chattering his teeth with pain, so i decided its time to ring the vets this isnt a case where it will get better, rang them and my bunny vet is on holiday till sat morning id rather see her as she knows casper and all his dental and breathing problems, encouraging him to start eating before then just wanted a little support :( casper is the first pet and bunny i have had i love him so much everytime we go through this i think this is the time they will want to put him under for his dental which im terrified about being 8 and having breathing problems due to the shape of his face although my vets is very good and have the right equipment for bunnys you ccant help but worry =[

UPDATE: went to give him his recovery food at 12 last night and he ran around asking for a treat hes eating kale now and running in the garden like he was never ill! still going to go to the vets saturday its really odd he keeps on getting a gassy belly!

Last edited:
i do go through this all the time there was a point i was down the vets 4 times a month thats why the vets have said give him metacam and feed him then call and usally i give him the metacam feed him and after that he is fine for weeks without anything then it starts again and every time his belly is affected he always gets a gassy belly? his teeth are not the best the vets did him without putting him under last time as its so risky but i think its coming to the point were they need to have a closer look, he has perked up in the cage but thats the metacam covering the pain, the other vets just gave him metacam and syringe feed him last time till my normal vet came back which im doing already, think my vets think i worry too much when he doesnt take a treat i asume something is wrong but there usally is, i worry more now he is older :cry:

Back