• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sending tubby bunny vibes :)

Terri_louise177

Alpha Buck
Charlie has to go back to the vets today for a check up! It's been four days since he had his mucussy poos (Sunday) and had to go on loads of meds. We've been giving them to him as instructed and he only had a tiny amount of bad poos on the Monday. Since then he's had absolutely no more! He had one lot of very soft poos 2 days ago but they weren't anything to be massively concerned about, and they haven't happened since. I really hope he's getting better! He seems fine in himself still so that's a good sign.

I've cut down his pellets as they may add to his poorly tummy, so if he's put on some weight since last time then he's DEFINITELY getting better!

Please send some tubby vibes for Charlie :D xxxx

Thank you :). Charlie is now 1.55 - 1.60kg. So he has put on 0.05kg in four days, with the reduced amount of pellets. So I'm massively happy with that. I think this means it was possibly coccidiosis but there's no way to be sure. Apparently its a hard "organism" (I believe that's what it is, my knowledge isn't as good as it should be :oops:) to completely erradicate as bunnies poo where they eat (esp mine who like to sit in their bowl!?). So I've completely disinfected EVERYTHING and then washed the floor with the same thing and covered everything in newspaper (it's looking a little 'special' in my kitchen at the moment :lol:) and then have to give another course of Intradine for five days from Thursday. Then I'll repeat the whole thing again and hope for the best :D

Have you had any experience with this? Do you have any tips? :) It may not be coccidiosis at all but I suppose it's best to be cautious :)

Back