• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Okay- I am about to be angry.

After taking Elly to yet another hospital appointment stopped off at the HH equine supplies to get SS pellets and other nice noms for the buns. No Alfala King timothy hay which our lot love and being pressed for time headed over to P@H simply to get the stuff.

At the checkout a woman with a teeny bun turns up. I have not seen such a sick little baby in a very long time. the last one was the one my eldest daughter found and bought home asking if I could do anything. Straight to vet, three days in critical care and then had a major fit and died in my vets hand just as he had thought he had nursed the little thing round the corner. I think my vet was more upset than me.

Worse case of snuffles I have ever seen, badly underwieght, fur all matted from guk, eyes also infected. Absolutely pitiful and had stasis on top.

Both the woman serving there and myself argued that the little bun had to be seen by a vet ASAP. It was very sick. I did not mince my words and said if it did not it would be dead within 24 hours.

Gave the name of my vet who is only down the road knowing the buns only chance was immediate critical care. Got some stupid story about they did not save my birds followed by and where is this vet then.:censored: Told her the baby needed to be kept quiet, warm and taken straight to a bun savvy vet. There is a vets across the road for crying out loud how hard is it to walk across a road and ask for a very sick baby bun to be humanely PTS

Warned the staff the bun was very infectious and should not go any where near any other buns. I even told her to contact Beckys RSPCA for advice if she did not believe me the poor thing needed a vet. Frankly I would rather that poor bun was handed over to Becky at least then it would be cared for even if the only kind option was PTS.

Elly could not believe how stupid she was. As bits came out ranging from its 8 weeks old [no friggin way too fluffy and way too small with all those soft baby features more like 4-6 weeks] its mum did not want it- she was fine this was her second litter the baby had been adopted from Birmingham Rabbit Rescue [wtf?] Told her in no uncertain terms that there is no way any of the local rescues would ever let such a sick bun go as I knew them all. Now why do I have the feeling she might be one of those unfeeling breeders who does not really care who will say any old thing.:evil:

Elly is really upset with me for not snatching the poor thing and running off with it to the vet but in honesty it felt like it was really on its last legs. If I thought I could have provided proper isolation and critical care at the mo I would have!

I am so cross that this little bun had not been seen by a vet last week. No way would snuffles look that bad if it had only started today. I seem to recall this person as the one who used to buy rabbits and dump them in micro hutches at the end of the garden and wonder why they kept dying. :censored: I did suggest years ago rabbit might not be the right animal for her to keep

No suitable words for how I feel about this as I bet she does not take the bun to the vet.

I came home and we have both stripped, scrubbed and used anti-bac from the orthopeadic ward. Elly is sat with our buns looking very thoughtful muttering there are adults who should never have pets.

Going to hack the hedge and mutter.

:cry::cry::cry:

How very sad, poor little bunny.

And as for the woman? Pathetic excuse for a human being - what a :censored:

You did very well to stay calm enough not to slap her!

Blues mum, all the shop assistant and myself could do was insist that the bun needed to see a vet urgently. :( I just hope he dies as peacefully as possible. That infection has to have been bad for his fur to be so wet and matted.

If I was not playing silly ******* with Elly, schools, orthopeadic and oncology I would have offered to take him and gone straight to my vets.:censored:

how sad! i can see why your so :censored: off! why does this keep happening over and over again? people just buying rabbits on a whim without knowing any thing about them. surley she could see it needed a vet?

Aw. :cry: xx

Just..... sending massive hugs to you and Elly, bless her heart. How awful that people continue to treat animals this way! Poor little bun'.

(Sending lots of vibes that Elly will do well and recover ok too - meant to reply to your thread but for some reason didn't but have been thinking about you both! :wave:) xx

Back