• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alvin & Pellets advice.. what would you do?

what would you do?

• Up the intake of A & P from 10ml shared measure 2xdaily. leaving Wagg as 5ml

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up the intake of Wagg from 5ml shared measure 2xdaily. leaving A&P as 10ml

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Lose A&P Totally from the diet (Holly thrives on it)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other.... please post :D

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
ok Alvin has gone from a very porky 2.45kg to a boney 2.15kg since April. i think its possibly the diet change and the vet would like to see him at a stable 2.2kg and will be very concerned if he loses any more weight.

His coat has already gone pretty dull (it did last time i tried A&P too so its not an illness thing im sure of it)

what you think RU peeps???

my gut is to up Wagg and keep both types.... decisions :roll:

Last edited:
I would up the Wagg even if you have to handfeed it to him..also give him a bit of extra carrot
You can buy bags of flaked peas from pet shops..or online..very cheap..bunnies love them and they put weight on them...you could give him small amounts of these to help maintain his weight..and give his partner just one at the same time!

I would up the Wagg even if you have to handfeed it to him..also give him a bit of extra carrot
You can buy bags of flaked peas from pet shops..or online..very cheap..bunnies love them and they put weight on them...you could give him small amounts of these to help maintain his weight..and give his partner just one at the same time!

i don't think Alvin can have carrot, due to his very iffy gut :(

yeah carrot and all things sweet have been banished from our house :(

i think i will up the wagg then adjust again if tummy troubles come back.

poor boney Alvin he deffo found the wrong mum didnt he :( :shock::shock::shock:

im just preying its not that stress hormone playing up, she said when he had his blood tests there may be time in the future he would need drugs to stop his body eating up the muscle if he suddenly got unexplained weightloss due to this hormone :shock:

yeah carrot and all things sweet have been banished from our house :(

i think i will up the wagg then adjust again if tummy troubles come back.

poor boney Alvin he deffo found the wrong mum didnt he :( :shock::shock::shock:

im just preying its not that stress hormone playing up, she said when he had his blood tests there may be time in the future he would need drugs to stop his body eating up the muscle if he suddenly got unexplained weightloss due to this hormone :shock:

No! He so didn't. If he didn't have you Donna, he may not be around to enjoy the obvious love you have for him...:wave:

No! He so didn't. If he didn't have you Donna, he may not be around to enjoy the obvious love you have for him...:wave:

but i just want to get it right.. hes 3 now and his diet still dont work arrggghhhhhhhhhh

and why is he too boney at 2.1 and holly is fine at 2 they are both the same rabbit in every way :?

No he definitely didn't!! He's blessed to have you as his mummy. How many people would go to the incredible trouble you go to help his sensitive digestive system?

alvins fur has already got its beautiful shine back :love::love::love:

i did notice this morning that hes eating the wagg then leaving the A&P to Holly :roll: :lol::lol::lol: while shes munching pellets he eats the leaves i have scattered in the hay, hes one smart bunny :love::love:

alvins fur has already got its beautiful shine back :love::love::love:

i did notice this morning that hes eating the wagg then leaving the A&P to Holly :roll: :lol::lol::lol: while shes munching pellets he eats the leaves i have scattered in the hay, hes one smart bunny :love::love:

Thats excellent news Donna :)

How is his weight doing with the pellet change?

Sorry I'm late on this, but I know you've done the right thing.
I know that all buns are different but my boy also tolerates pellets better than veg when he's on leaves.
It's very much playing it by ear.
Amazing how their coat improves so quickly isn't it?

Sorry I'm late on this, but I know you've done the right thing.
I know that all buns are different but my boy also tolerates pellets better than veg when he's on leaves.
It's very much playing it by ear.
Amazing how their coat improves so quickly isn't it?

he looks wonderful all shiney, im very surprised how quick his coat has shined up because its taken about 4 months to get all dull :shock::shock:

I only had Lyric on wagg untill i noticed my old girl Shadow had lost weight so i swapped then all onto wagg instead of a&p,They all have maintained there weight and have lovely shiny coats:)

Back