• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do the RSPCA bond rabbits for you?

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
If you already have a rabbit and you are adopting one, do you have to take your rabbit up there everyday or do you leave your rabbit there for a day or? how long does it take? Anybdy know?

I think it depends on whoever's bonding and what method they'll use. The best way to find out would be to ring the branch of thr RSPCA you want to bond for you and ask them. :):wave:

I think most rescues will keep hold of your bunny and bond them to their new friend over a couple of days. All being well, I'd guess they'd only be there overnight, maybe a few nights of the bond is a bit tricky.

It really does depend on the rescue and who is running it. Generally speaking a dedicated rabbit rescue with lots of experience of bonding rabbits will be better than most RPSCA's but there are a few exceptions with RSPCA branches - it just depends if they have rabbit-savy carers or not. The RSPCA my two bunnies came from used to just plonk rabbits in together (no neutral territory) and just hope it worked! Bad idea! We bonded our two ourselves as we got them at separate times as individual bunnies.

A good dedicated rabbit rescue will be your best bet and with a bit of luck you may be near one some of us can recommend on here. Most will take your bun for a couple of days and do the bonding on site. But many are also happy to advise you over email or phone if you wish to do it at home. It's up to you really. :) Whereabouts in the country are you?

My bond was done by Honey Bunnies rescue and took quite a while because I have a little madame of a doe :roll:

I did like the fact that someone with a lot of bunny experience was doing it rather than myself:wave:

Back