• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moulting... when will it end!!

charl86

Alpha Buck
okay me and Sooty are both officially sick of this moult.. my rug is now covered in all the bunnny hairs (as is the rest of the house!) and Sooty is fed up of being plucked! Its been going on for weeks... I cant believe the amount of fluff thats come out of my tiny little bunny! I got all this I got out in a grooming session earlier.....
CIMG1332.jpg
[/IMG]

He does look very cute though, with his short haired back and very fluffy bum and sides...:love:
CIMG1329.jpg
[/IMG]

My two seem to be slowing down with the old moulting now :wave:

Bobby has no Tufts and carlo is looking nice and tidier now, it's been a nightmare hasn't it?

This is my first bunneh moult :shock:

Mine seem to have been moulting for months now, although it was only really bad for about 6 weeks.....I think they have just finished the one moult, and are getting ready for their winter coats now....:roll:

My buns are moulting. It is absolutely ridiculous. I daren't brush them either as they absolutely hate it, but the amount of hair they are losing is crazy. Noah looks like a ham as he seems to moult in tufts, so his coat looks really silly and Charlee has a moult line that goes around her body (even has a moult line on her nose!). I didnt think they would moult so early, as we are still having quite a few cool days - it hasn't even begun to heat up proper for summer yet! (btw I live in Australia, so we have just begun spring).

yup its has been a nightmare, I emptied my hoover out yesterday and there was a ball of hair that I swear was bigger than Sooty! They do look funny mid moult though! it just seems to be never ending!

My lad has just started his first moult :roll::roll: - that is a really impressive pile of fluff! :wave:

It seems to have just gone on forever this year. They all seem to have lost more than usual? I wonder if they had extra thick coats due to the really cold winter :?

I'm really noticing all the fur now with lino. I think before it stuck to the carpet! Three of mine really need a brush but to do that I need to take them outside really.

If the fur isn't too soft or thin I'd reccomend a shedder, such as the furminator. Have you tried plucking the loose fur (gently with your fingers)?

Mine seem to have been moulting for months now, although it was only really bad for about 6 weeks.....I think they have just finished the one moult, and are getting ready for their winter coats now....:roll:

Snap! Just a couple of bum tufts on Benson! Lola is nice and sleek! Can't wait for winter coats - they remind me of little bumble bees. Wee fuzzy wuzzies!:love:

If the fur isn't too soft or thin I'd reccomend a shedder, such as the furminator. Have you tried plucking the loose fur (gently with your fingers)?

just googled the furminator and I may have to invest in one of those! I was gunna post and ask about brushes etc to get rid of loose hair as the brush I have is far to soft to really make a difference, but as there skin is quite fragile didnt want to use anything harsher. Sooty is sick of me plucking him but he quite likes a brush!

Back