• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bed protection

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
I need some help.

Since being back in two pairs the lops have returned their attention to my bed. Normally I put a thin plastic sheet on it and this is enough. But they've started peeing at the head end and on my bloody pillows which the sheet doesn't cover. I think this is a response to me not being in bed as I normally am as I've been struggling to sleep again and they've been doing it 1-3am. They also have started biting holes in the sheet.

I need something thick enough that they can't easily bite through, I'm thinking those thick shower curtains (PEVA?), more substantial ones but they aren't big enough because I also need something that will cover the whole bed top to bottom and that I can also tuck under the mattress slightly for when I'm away.

Is there any sort of plastic sheeting in that thick style material that one can buy 'off the roll' so to speak? The double plastic protective sheet I got before is too thin so they've chewed some holes in it. I can put an old duvet on top but I'd rather not because you end up sitting on the bed and sitting in a patch of wee which you can't see.

I've tried searching for 'plastic sheeting' but am coming up empty.

I've just seen this. I wonder how substantial the plastic backing is. Maybe I could put it cotton side down.

BIG link

Still open to ideas!

Last edited:
dont know about that but we sleep on bed settees in the lounge at the mo since nikki broke her foot and we lost salem then bif...

nikki had an economy plastic sheet so did i but when salem was alive he shredded the ends with his claws and bertie chewed holes in it if i wasnt there and he wanted attention.

now i have a more expensive sheet..its weird its kinda textured.

upstairs on my bed i have a lovely thick plastic sheet with a heavy duty terry towelling topping...

so far good but only cos it was not bunny height accessible the new mattress:oops:

:lol: I think Mischa is desperate to sleep on my bed with me. I can't let him though, he can't get down and then when he needs a wee he does it on the bed. :(

Back