• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question for those whose buns go on the grass

weeble

Do you brush up after them? I hadnt used to when I lived on my own but my friends complained the garden wasnt when they came round. Since we moved Shawn has insisted that they only free range if I clean up after them - just wondered what others do

locks is such a good boy, he won't poop outside,unless i provide his litter tray and he goes in there :shock::D

when i had rosie and mowgli, mowgli used to poo every where, you could often see me with the sweeping brush collecting it all up and then throwing it in the borders :lol:

Mine have only just got access to the lawn. I don't clean up after them. What does a bit of bunny poop on the grass matter??

i don;t think he even wee's in the garden :shock::lol: only time he does is if he is in the rabbit run and then he uses his litter tray, when he's at nan's ive never seen him wee out there and he doesn't poo out there either :lol:

Mine have only just got access to the lawn. I don't clean up after them. What does a bit of bunny poop on the grass matter??

My flat garden had four buns on it free ranging for up to 6 hours a day - that was a LOT of bunny poop :lol:

buns vary

When Buffy and Bunster free-ranged they left nothing on the lawn - there's a gentle mound of gravel on the concrete area in one corner, and they very tidily went there (I have read than in the wild buns poo at the higher points - can anyone verify that?).

However, when Bunster died and Sausage arrived, large quantities of droppings appeared on the lawn. He'd come from a rescue, and his run was grassy but level, with no obvious hillocks. At first it was only Sausage pooing on the grass. Now we suspect it is Buffy too. But it is only 'processed grass', so who cares?

megan is our hoover too :wave:
i did try brush it up, but it made more mess.
we only have one run on grass now, all the rest recently been put onto concrete, because of them digging burrows :roll: :lol:

Mine always go back in the shed to go to the loo (litter tray) when they are freeranging. I don't think they have ever done a single poo on the lawn. It sounds like I am one of the lucky ones! :lol:

I have to clean-up after them a couple of times a week. I only started doing it after my o/h caught my little boy trying to eat the poo :shock::oops:
I'm used to clearing fields of horse poo so I find cleaning up after the bunnies very easy and strangely therapeutic, I've got a special trowel and bucket :lol:

I don't bother either. I have 2 buns and 3 pigs outside for 70% of the day, that's a lot of poop! Plus, various dogs go round and eat them anyway (my garden isn't enclosed). So it never lasts long.

I try to but it is not the easiest thing to do sometimes (especially in the rain). Mine tend to go right in the middle of the garden and the grass grows so quick there.:roll:

No because their neat freaks and go back into the shed to use their tray :lol: Also it's their run so wouldn't matter even if they did make a mess

Back