• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alternating Free Range Time

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
So all my bunnies are now house buns again :D the trio are back indoors. I want to alternate their free range time with Castiel and Ruby, e.g. the pair on the morning, the trio on the afternoon. Does anyone do this? Does it work well for you? I worry they'll smell the rabbits who've just been there and start spraying, and one of the rooms they'll free-range in has carpet.

When I do it I'm afraid that's what happens. Nutmeg smells the lops and starts marking. Not spraying but puddles and poos.

Mine share the ;awn run in the garden, one pair at a time. They just go around rubbing their chins on everything, but they're good and don't spray.

When I was doing this with three singles in the house they would all wee and poo everywhere, even though they were usually great with their litter tray. They cant help but mark their territory if they smell another bun.

Ha mine do that anyway and I just have one bonded pair!

Well yeah so do mine but it gets much worse when she smells them! My other two are fantastic and very very rarely go anywhere other than in their tray. Although when they free-range and smell the others sometimes we get a few in the corners.

:wave: try dividing the room with pen panels...one pair each side...BUT make sure you have extra where they meet as they can nip each other thru the bars. put liter trays along the middle divide so they can have a poo and pee off without wrecking the carpet.

buy some SIMPLE SOLUTION cleaning liquid i used to use it after the vinegar when it got really bad!!:lol:

berties always weeing on the floor if hes feeling threatened or smells strange smells..like people walking into our lounge..its why i say shoes off or put on the plastic shoe covers i have:oops::oops::lol::lol:

merlins in his cage at the far end of the lounge where poor bif was living till she was dying. Bertie hasnt weed there...even after merlin had been penned off for run rounds too. once merlin had gone to bed in his cage bertie slept up this end. Now he does most times.

they were sharing the garden very well today....with zuzu kitty in charge.

no fur flying or even grunts! so sometimes they agree to share..good luck!!

Thanks everyone :wave: I think I'm just going to keep them in separate rooms when they free range

good thread this one actually - i'll have to free-range Biscuit/Ginger at seperate times until bonded so wonder how that'll work out heh

I'm going to watch this thread intently...

All good ideas. Unfortunately I'm in the position where my OH is cordoning off ever-growing sections of the house and garden as no-bunny areas, which means that I'm left with a patch of grass to exercise them all which they spend half their time spraying, chinning and chasing on. :roll:

Back