• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moulting and eating lots connected??

Hi guys, I'm not sure if the two are connected but just lately both my buns are going mad for hay/food and anything they can get the chubby little cheeks around!! They are both moulting badly at the moment, can they tell it's time to put on some weight for the winter?? They are full of beans (no surprise there with the amount their scoffing) and are drinking and pooing normally. :D

I don't know but my Mini seems to get a stickier bum when it's moult-time. I know that it uses up some energy while they are moulting.

Yes, they have to increase their energy intake by 40% to moult. It's quite stressful for them!

I believe bunnies bodys know what they need. If Strawbs is moulting his body tells him to eat more grass and high fibre.

When Snowdrop has tummy trouble she knows which foods to eat to help her feel better.

I believe bunnies bodys know what they need. If Strawbs is moulting his body tells him to eat more grass and high fibre.

When Snowdrop has tummy trouble she knows which foods to eat to help her feel better.

This is exactly what I have found with my bun Snowberry.
I know how his tummy is by what he eats.
High fiber is so important to keep the gut moving, so they don't have issues with fur balls.

Back