• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I *LOVE* Wilkinson's for Pet items...

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Well, started getting all the things ready for Ginger's arrival and was in Weston Super Mare town centre on saturday and popped into Wilko's!

I bought a brilliant litter tray (its a cat litter tray...) but its about 6 inches deep, by a foot wide by a foot and a half long, nice blue colour :) How much? £2.55! I was amazed! I'd been seeing the same size for about £10 everywhere!

Also got some dandelion and green oat treat stuff, Biscuit adores it - £1.19 for a decent sized bag!

Oh and then went to Poundland for some new shower curtains to go under the lino/carpet for accidents - £1 each.

What a wonderful weekend...

Will be another post soon with pics of what i did over the weekend :)

Hi G,

I agree Wilko's sell some wonderful items and until 2 months ago I was one of their best customers. Sadly though they test on animals and refuse to budge on this :cry: and so I have now boycotted them.

Jen x

Hi G,

I agree Wilko's sell some wonderful items and until 2 months ago I was one of their best customers. Sadly though they test on animals and refuse to budge on this :cry: and so I have now boycotted them.

Jen x

and my happiness suddenly turns into dismay :( I guess my money just paid for more animal testing :(:(

I really should look into these things.

Hi G,

Jen x

:( What do they test on animals? I thought animal testing had been banned in Europe? I can't believe companies still do it.

Animal testing aside I love Wilkinsons too, i've not bought bunny supplies from there but they were great when we moved house for stuff like pegs in a basket and all those other housey bits and bats and plants too they were a real bargain compared to the garden centre.

:( What do they test on animals? I thought animal testing had been banned in Europe? I can't believe companies still do it.

Animal testing aside I love Wilkinsons too, i've not bought bunny supplies from there but they were great when we moved house for stuff like pegs in a basket and all those other housey bits and bats and plants too they were a real bargain compared to the garden centre.

I understand that all of their own products (or the ingredients) i.e. toiletries, cleaning produts et c are tested on animals :cry:

I had no ideas that it still went on :oops::oops: i really thought i'd heard it had been banned, maybe that was just for make-up? That really is disgusting. I can feel a letter coming on...

I discovered the wonders of The Range yesterday - one's just opened on our doorstep. :D:D I can see me spending a fortune in there, not just on bunny things but everything. :oops: :lol:

There's a thread on here from a while back listing the "good" and "bad" companies (supermarkets) - I'll see if I can find it.

Off the top of my head and on the good list are: M&S, Next, Sainsburys, Tesco, Co-op & Superdrug. So plenty of choice but some are toiletries only so it gets a bit confusing :roll:

So sorry Gray, I couldn't not tell you :(

It's alright, i was so totally unaware :(

Feel awful now. Just sat looking at the litter tray with a picture of Biscuit as my wallpaper and it just made me burst into tears :cry:

I've spent hundreds of pounds at wilko's and god knows how much with the other stores on that thread.

I've basically killed/hurt lots of animals for my own personal gain.

Going to crawl under a rock and die now :(

Feel awful now. Just sat looking at the litter tray with a picture of Biscuit as my wallpaper and it just made me burst into tears :cry:

I've spent hundreds of pounds at wilko's and god knows how much with the other stores on that thread.

Aww don't feel like that, you weren't to know, goodness i had no idea animal testing still went on, how rubbish is that? :oops::oops:

That's interesting about the co-op we've sometimes bought cleaning stuff out of there in an emergency like soap powder and washing up liquid and it's actually really good so wouldn't be a hardship at all to swap over to them for those things.

...but one good thing I CAN say is that they have recently amended their selection of hutches and this is now the smallest they sell and it's even got the word small in the title :shock: :

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Rabbit...2z91WeCWcMORSWrLVvEEHlqgCZWib9p1 hWDbYQYu3A==

Whilst it may still be far from ideal it's a HUGE improvement on what they were selling a few months ago.

I'd like to think the change is as a result of the email I & several others sent to them ...... :shock:;):p:)

aww Graham :( it's so hard to shop at places that are completely cruelty-free. I don't buy anything animal tested but I do still shop at Wilkinson's, just don't buy any toiletries there. Loads of my stuff is M&S because they're BUAV approved, but they now sell stuff like Fairy liquid and Mars chocolate. It makes me so angry that we have to worry about these things, these companies shouldn't be doing this to innocent animals :evil:

Aww Graham honey don't feel like that. I only stopped shopping there two months ago! I've spent thousands there over the years. That's what this forum is all about, educating, learning, sharing & helping ((((hugs))))

Aww Graham honey don't feel like that. I only stopped shopping there two months ago! I've spent thousands there over the years. That's what this forum is all about, educating, learning, sharing & helping ((((hugs))))

i've never even thought about animal tested products before today. It's never even crossed my mind.

Why is everything so cruel?

Test it on a bloody human instead :(

started reading that thread, its going to take a while whilst working eh?

i've never even thought about animal tested products before today. It's never even crossed my mind.

Why is everything so cruel?

Test it on a bloody human instead :(

started reading that thread, its going to take a while whilst working eh?

Yes it will take a while :lol:

TBH I would just go to the uncaged site and make a note of the good & bad co's. Keep it simple ;) (I have to or my brain hurts :roll::lol:)

I agree - why don't they just test it on us? After all it's us who will be using it! I'd sign up!

Last edited:
i must be niave 2

i too thought that it was against the law to test on animals, i thought it was just for medical researce, not shampoo and stuff, so disappointed. where do u find out who tests on animals and which products are okay to use

i too thought that it was against the law to test on animals, i thought it was just for medical researce, not shampoo and stuff, so disappointed. where do u find out who tests on animals and which products are okay to use

in the thread fluffers just posted..

aww Graham :( it's so hard to shop at places that are completely cruelty-free. I don't buy anything animal tested but I do still shop at Wilkinson's, just don't buy any toiletries there. Loads of my stuff is M&S because they're BUAV approved, but they now sell stuff like Fairy liquid and Mars chocolate. It makes me so angry that we have to worry about these things, these companies shouldn't be doing this to innocent animals :evil:

I agree with this. If all the supermarkets tested their stuff on animals would you never set foot in a supermarket again? There is the ideal but it's not always feasible to totally avoid the company. It is feasible to avoid the actual product however.

I don't go in Wilko's that often but I do get my litter trays there. I have enough now to last me forever though! Exact same product in Homebase £8.99 - in Wilko's £3.50.

Back