• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What Breed?

I don't see why the breed should matter. Surely its the rabbit you care about and not it's bloodline.

Anyhoo he looks like a young Conti but is quite probably a mixture. Is he a rescue bunnie?

I agree he does have a conti looking face, but I think even a young conti would be bigger than him. And I think his ears would be much bigger if he was a giant breed.

To be honest, most bunnies are cross's these days unless you get them from a breeder who focuses on specific breeds.

If he's come from a pet shop or a rescue, he could have a bit of everything in him! :lol: He's very very cute though. :love:

A good mix helps to rule out any hereditary illness as well. Mixes tend to be sturdier, its the same with dogs. Its the ears which make him look so Conti but as you say he could be anything. He's gorgeous either way :love:

No I agree too, it doesn't matter the breed. It was the vet that was asking when i was booking him in for a check up and jabs etc.

I think he breed 'Handsome' :D

We don't know his backgound as he is a rescue bunny.

Last edited:
I don't think it matters, but it is interesting to know! People on this website seem to know what type of rabbit they have, I don't see the harm in asking!!

He looks exactly like one of my rabbit's brothers, and my rabbit looks like an english spot; so I guess they are a big mix!!
He is very cute though!

I think it's good to take an interest in what breed your rabbit is :) certain types can have different ailments depending on their breed, like rexes get poorly hocks. And it's always good to be clued up, it's shows you have an interest in your bun :)!

Saying that, I have no idea what type he is :lol:. But he's definitely handsome :love:

Back