• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should we insure Milly?

lja401

Warren Scout
Hi all,

Just got back from Florida to find out that our poor little Milly has been very ill with Stasis It was very touch and go but luckily after an over night stay at the emergency very and numerous trips to our vet she pulled through. It cost us £500!! I just called petplan to get her insured and they said it will exclude any gut problems for 12 months from the date she got the Stasis. Is it worth doing?
Sooooo thankful she is ok, she is a lovely little thing. x

I think so, just in case anything else happens - touch wood Milly will stay healthy and not have any accidents, but you just never know. Vet treatment can be so costly, especially if you have to pay out-of-hours costs. Although stasis is a common problem for buns, there's so many other things they can suffer with!

I really hope Milly is ok now? You must be so relieved whoever looked after her knew what to do! Lots of noserubs for Milly xx

I have both my buns insured. Even if they won;t cover tummy probs for a year it is worth doing definately :wave:

Thanks guys. Yes Milly seems fine now - binkying all over the place tonight :D The vet said he doesn't know what caused the stasis but it could be a number of things, even us going away on holiday! Bless her. She has had a hard little life as she was dumped in a card board box in a park when she was little :( We got her from a rescue. She's a lovely little thing. xx

Back