• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Slight a accident earlier!

Livi

Alpha Buck
Pip & Rusty didnt get a chance to become properly bonded before she went in for her spay, but they have been facing each other in their hutches and do sniff each other, have shared droppings between each litter tray etc so they have got their scents on each others bits & pieces....

Anyway earlier Pip was hiding in her tent in the run....I was unaware she was out there, got Rusty out & put him in the run! :shock:

Pip emerged....and i isntantly paniced, not sure what to do for the best as she was spayed last monday so is only 8 days since spay:cry:

I decided not to intervene immedeately as she came straight over to say hello, gave him some kisses and he bounced off....she then went over and went down low requesting to be groomed, he hald heartedly gave her head a few licks....

Then all of a sudden they were flying round chasing, jumping on each other etc & there were bits of fur emerging (not attached to bunnies...!) I tried to cool it & they calmed down & it was then I decided it was time to take Rusty back in until Pip was ready to come in and let Rusty go out....

Anyway, obviously they shouldnt have been back in together so soon after spay especially as they are still 'bonding'....but I couldnt leave them thrashing about as I was worried about Pip due to spay.

Thing is now, I am worried I let it get to that & worried it was a bad time to seperate them (I know in reality I should have grabbed him as soon as i realised she was in there!). But I was stupid and didnt....have i ruined their bonding now?!:oops::cry:

Last edited:
Yes both seem fine (if anything a bit miffed....Pip wasnt too impressed we took Rusty out), nobody actually started to 'fight' as such they were just kinda doing the usual chasing each other round and nipping bums...but obviously I didnt want this to happen (which is why i know i should have intervened earlier!) as I didnt want Pip over exerting herself...

Back