• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any tips so I dont panic again???

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
In March, I bonded my 2 special needs bunnies.Both have kyphosis of the spine,(bro and sis).Hes a lot bigger than Lils...she weighs in at 72 grams today.
She has malloclusion,BB doesnt and so he eats a bit quicker than her...not to mention the fact he loves his food!! (Lils does too).She also has chronic snuffles.
So, I put them back outside in April.They were together about 5 or 6 weeks.In that time Lils lost weight and condition.I panicked and separated them and Lily has regained weight and looks really healthy and Im pleased,Ive rebonded them again since friday but she has broken a tooth.Bottom right incisor.How the hell did she do this??Shes indoors.BB wouldnt have been knocking her about would he??Ive not seen anything.He lets her sit all over him.Theyre so close.
Ian has advised me to ensure Lily gets her calories.Im being careful...feeding separately,separate bowls for treats.I love seeing them together but I dont want it to be at the cost of Lilys health.Any other tips?? I intend to weigh her every week too in my kitchen scales.She also gets breakfast (BB doesnt,hes got enough podge,believe me!!:lol:)
Knowing mw, this is in the wrong forum.....:roll: but any advice would be gratefully recieved.xxx Thanks.xx

Valerie managed to knock her top left incisor out last week, she spat it out at my feet :roll: Valerie has managed fine as long as all her veg is shredded :)

Valerie managed to knock her top left incisor out last week, she spat it out at my feet :roll: Valerie has managed fine as long as all her veg is shredded :)

Ian says it will grow....she just knocked the top off!!

Any other ideas to keep Lily on top of things?? I know you have Special Needs buns....xxxx

I feed Grim every four to six hours with a bowl of soaked excel junior pellets. I have to be ingenious in the ways I do this without making Samus jealous. :D

He seems to find it quite easy to eat them and loves them. And as they're the junior pellets they're small to begin with so don't swell up too big when soaked. Mine prefer it outside but I bring Grim in to eat. Or I'll sit with them and give Samus a leaf of cabbage to keep her occupied and make sure she doesn't steal his food while he eats. A little time consuming, but worth it to have them together and see them so happy. :)

Did I say 72?? Im all muddled now...If a kilo is 1000gr..then isnt Lils 720????:oops::oops:

yes shes 720g yvette :lol:

we'll excuse this one, its getting late AND youve got a lot to think about ;):lol:

She still sounds weeny, i thought Dolly was small and shes almost twice that! Poor little toofless mite! :love:

She is really weeny...but got weenier when she lost weight.It was awful!! And BB is a rather big chap..despite being her brother!!

Back