• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Things Not to Say To a Rescue..

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
When you are ringing to ask about adopting a rabbit

"..I've kept rabbits with guinea pigs for 30 years so don't try to tell me I shouldn't.."

"..You don't know what you're talking about cos the man in the pet shop said......."

" What do you mean a four foot cage is too small..it's only a bloo*y rabbit for god's sake.."

" We've had about 20 rabbits over the last 2 years but they keep dying..."

"..no I don't want it neutered cos I want to breed it...what's wrong with that?.."

"..so my cage is too small and I won't vaccinate it..but do you want to sell me an effing rabbit or not?..."

"..homecheck? ( tries to whisper to other half..." she wants to bloomin check us"...)...err..well can't we have a couple and you check later? "

" my daughter is 2 years old..but she has wanted a rabbit for years...."

" yes well my daughter may only be nearly 2 years old but she is very good with animals and I think she'd love a rabbit for her birthday ."

"..I'd like 3 of your rabbits..they have to be friendly cos it's one each for my kids who are 4, 3 and 18 months old..the rabbits should keep em quiet....."

"..yes, yes, yes...ok I'll say I'll vaccinate..even though I probably won't.....so when can I come and see your animals?..."

"..yes my kids have been on about a rabbit for ages...or a tortoise...or do you have budgies?...."

so you're writing a book then???
Are you diplomatic when you hear these things or do you just do what most of us would be thinking:lol:

Morons! Sadly they will probably go straight to PAH and buy some poor buns from there

Not by me they wont. One of the sales staff in a Bristol branch refused to sell a lady a pair of piggies because she had an inadequate size hutch and she had one hell of a hissy fit in the middle of the store. Fair play the sales guy stood his ground and she went home empty handed.

PLEASE dont tell me these are actual questions people ask on serious terms!! :shock::shock::(:(

I know I shouldn't laugh but :lol::lol:

What are they like???!

Have to laugh as alternative is banging head against wall/shouting a lot/swearing at the lap top - none of which will actually help educate these incredibly STUPID people.

Such a pity we can't have a mandatory test for people to take before owning a pet :?

Last edited:
That's horrific. I always wish I didn't read things like this cos then I can't get the pictures of the poor things who live in these kind of conditions out of my mind :(

Blimey!:shock::shock::shock: When I rehomed my lad (not from a rescue, but from a genuinely caring and knowledgable rabbit owner whose health meant she could no longer care for all her bunnies) she said she wouldn't have trusted some of the people who asked about her bunnies with a goldfish.

Jeezo :roll: :lol: not funny, but funny to us if you see what I mean. How people can be so bloomin' ignorant.

i had a good one this weekend

she wanted 1 and i said we only re home in pairs . I explained its because they are happier in pairs ......

* well cant you bend the rules this once ...ill pay more ...a sustanchel amount more !

:evil:

thats nowt what really upsets you is a rescue for small animals that thinks rabbits DONT need greens only live on carrotts and water giving maybes once a week!

:shock:

How can people believe children at ages like 18months can look after a rabbit.
Willow_Warren it makes my blood boil everytime someone thinks a rabbit is just 'a rabbit', a disposable item to 'own' :evil:

"..I've kept rabbits with guinea pigs for 30 years so don't try to tell me I shouldn't.."

"..You don't know what you're talking about cos the man in the pet shop said......."

I get these two in particular a lot as well Jill when people are sent to me for advice. A friend of a friend had a bereaved bunny so my friend sent her to me for advice on getting a new one, so I gave her the advice you'd expect me to give. The response? "Thanks. We originally got them from a breeder. I may speak with her about what to do next".

*zipped mouth emoticon and bangs head hard on wall*

Back