• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My little girl has popped out two teeny testicles. UD- she's a hermaphrodite

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
May interest Becca24, Kris and tdsouza

As title says really. I'm shocked! :lol::shock::lol::shock:

My little girl is a boy and a girl :lol:

We are already unsure about what Socks is, but now given what Flame has produced, it looks likely things with Socks may be more complicated. Potentially Wish may also be pregnant (although can a bunny get pregnant if there are boy bits but no discernable penis?) which her poor body won't cope with, which is completely gutting.

Maybe Flame just stole Socks' bits? My apologies to tdsouza and Kris, we shall return them as soon as possible. :wave:

Last edited:
:lol: Yes, I am the proud owner of my very own hermaphrodite bunny :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:shock::shock:

Oh gosh what a contrary lot!!! Its funny cos Fizz is like the most boyish girl bunny I know, somthing went a bit squiffy with these little fluffers! :)

They are special bunnies though, no doubt in that!

As for Wish being pregnant I would be inclined to say No, but thats just a feeling! :oops:

Question - do Wish or Flame show any signs of hormonal behaviour??

We had this with Scamp, he went from being a boy to a girl then back to a boy, then when he was neutered, they said he had both bits! Testicles but no penis :? Very odd. Sending non pregnancy vibes for Wish xx

Becca, I'd suggest taking Fizz to see Charles and telling him who she is and who she is related to, and ask him to check her 'just in case'. No, neither of them at all.

Becky, yes, that's what my vet thinks is the case for this lady- that she has both bits.

Ali, I don't know. However, she is not far off five months old and her bits are so small that my vet feels she was never just a boy because she would have fully developed previously (i.e. Flare, her brother, was neutered about 6 weeks ago and developed a couple of weeks before that). She had a very careful examination at the start of july and there was no evidence of any testes (which you would expect at that age)- same as Socks-. Hermaphrodites develop slower and often neither bits are properly fully formed. My vet also felt that if she was a true boy we would be seeing some sort of hormonal behaviour and we have not seen any one ounce of anything. So whilst possible, unlikely, I think.

*is lost*

:lol: Sorry.

I have two bonded rabbits, Wish (who is incredibly secial needs and on borrowed time) and her 'sister'. Today her 'sister' popped out two testicles (thus making Wish potentially vulnerable to male advances from her 'sister'- what a stupid sentence).

We suspect that She is not going to be fertile as a male or a female, but its not worth the risk of an inbred pregnancy (especially for Wish and her life).

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
yes happens to the best of us
i have one she / he had babies still born and then grew testicles and fathered a litter but also fed that litter :roll:
yes its very confusing i know ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
yes happens to the best of us
i have one she / he had babies still born and then grew testicles and fathered a litter but also fed that litter :roll:
yes its very confusing i know ;)

I was telling my vet about that rabbit because he was trying to tell me that his understanding was that a hermaphrodite either had ovaries or testicles. When I told him he laughed so much. We laughed generally a lot during the appointment but he found that really funny.

Becca, I'd suggest taking Fizz to see Charles and telling him who she is and who she is related to, and ask him to check her 'just in case'. No, neither of them at all.

Becky, yes, that's what my vet thinks is the case for this lady- that she has both bits.

Ali, I don't know. However, she is not far off five months old and her bits are so small that my vet feels she was never just a boy because she would have fully developed previously (i.e. Flare, her brother, was neutered about 6 weeks ago and developed a couple of weeks before that). She had a very careful examination at the start of july and there was no evidence of any testes (which you would expect at that age)- same as Socks-. Hermaphrodites develop slower and often neither bits are properly fully formed. My vet also felt that if she was a true boy we would be seeing some sort of hormonal behaviour and we have not seen any one ounce of anything. So whilst possible, unlikely, I think.

I was thinking of taking her in the near future actually just for an overall check over and to discuss speying! Fizz doest show any hormonal behaviour whatsoever she is just like a baby bunny, friendly, dizzy and such a sweetie obviosuly thats a good thing though! :)

I was thinking of taking her in the near future actually just for an overall check over and to discuss speying! Fizz doest show any hormonal behaviour whatsoever she is just like a baby bunny, friendly, dizzy and such a sweetie obviosuly thats a good thing though! :)

That is good. That might just be what she is like. How hormones affect a bunny can be genetically related, so it might be their mum was right soppy and not hormonal.

I was telling my vet about that rabbit because he was trying to tell me that his understanding was that a hermaphrodite either had ovaries or testicles. When I told him he laughed so much. We laughed generally a lot during the appointment but he found that really funny.

lol well genetically it shouldnt be possible :? hence we never thought oreo would father a litter since he has mothered one :lol::lol:
my vet is very interested too, oreo was at the vet last week for a infection :( he/she is on the mend now but my vet has asked when oreo finally dies can they have the body to look at just out of interest :roll: they said it would be a hell of a disection project for a college or school :lol:
and they spent ages debating on which sex to put in the reccords :lol::lol:
well oreo is deffo a interesting case im hoping we have many more confusing years together lol but when the time comes i think my vet will be wanting to pickle oreo in a jar :roll:
ann x

Back