• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had to chuck half a bale of hay away

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Id spilt it into seperate bags when i got it on sat just gone to get some out when i opened the section up it was damp and all moldy:(

That's a shame - could you take it back and get it replaced?

I just bought a bale and price has gone up from £3.95 to £5.75!

Had it been stored somewhere damp before you got it (you may not be able to find out though)? I store mine in a shed with a moisture trap next to it, it seems to help keep it fresher.

I used to work at an agricultural college and they used to store their hay in a open sided structure. It was crazy, the amount of hay they had to chuck every few weeks due to mould must have cost them loads.

That's a shame - could you take it back and get it replaced?

I just bought a bale and price has gone up from £3.95 to £5.75!

Im having to pay £45 for a roundy now :censored::censored: im going to be £90-£135 just on HAY!!! :censored::censored: thats for my horse buna nd piggies but still expensive !!

I get it from work i think its been baled up when it was wet to be honest as its new hay:? i dont pay for it at the min but with the shortage comming im going to have to but im not paying if its all mouldy!!!!!!!!

Back