• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lapinject

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Louie will be due his VHD in November. The last time he had Cylap and, although not a dreadful reaction, he was very quiet and off his food for 48 hours after his jab :(

So, has anyone ever had a rabbit react badly to Lapinject?

No, mine was fine, a bit humphy for an hour or so after getting in but were eating and drinking fine before bed :wave:

33 of mine have recently been vaccinated with Lapinject and none have had any sign of adverse reaction. I have been using Lapinject for about 3 years and so far not one Rabbit has had any problems, including those who previously reacted badly to Cylap.

Both my girls were ok - abit quiet but it was their second visit to the vets.
Indiana is very small & she was fine - they were chilled out abit - but nothing too hectic,:)

i havent spoken to my vet yet about it.. but Holly was deffo off for 3 weeks following the lapinject Vaccine.. im dreading alvin having it on Thursday :(

Are you still going to have Lapinject?

if thats what they use now i wont have a choice i guess, apart from the limp the very first time Alvin has never reacted badly to cylap.. i will tell her how scared i am and i guess she will decide whats best.

i don't recommend either, i hate the bloody jab :evil::evil:

I think I will put my concerns to the vet prior to the jab date and see what he advises.

Pebbles had Lapinject and I noticed she was leaving her cecals for a few days afterwards. This was in May.

When I took her in for her spay last month, I mentioned this to my vet who said some rabbits can be fussy after injections. I was worried that the op could cause her to leave them again, but she was a good girl and didn't leave any :D

Spenser had cylap. He wasn't quite himself for a day or two, and had a local reaction on the back of his neck. I will mention this to his vet when he is due to have a booster.

Back