• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old towels - Nottingham area

abbymarysmokey

Wise Old Thumper
I never have enough towels to go underneath vet bed, and it seems a bit of a waste to buy new towels specifically for this purpose....so has anyone in Nottingham got any old towels they no longer want?

Preferably bath sized towels rather than hand towels. Colour is not important, and it doesn't matter if they are damaged or stained.

Ta in advance

I never have enough towels to go underneath vet bed, and it seems a bit of a waste to buy new towels specifically for this purpose....so has anyone in Nottingham got any old towels they no longer want?

Preferably bath sized towels rather than hand towels. Colour is not important, and it doesn't matter if they are damaged or stained.

Ta in advance

Will bear you in mind next time I have a clear out & in the meantime I will ask friends & family. Charity shops are always good places for towels :)

I've always found charity shops to be a good choice, towels, blankets, sheets all cheap. Sometimes they have brand new ones too. :D

When we re-do the bathroom, i'm going to do a clear out of towels as we have way too many and most of which aren't all that comfy for showering etc - old towels never bothered my OH until he found my fave expensive fluffy towel, which he keeps stealing - and replacing them with some nice new ones. This should be in the next couple of months, as part of the bathroom is already ordered, when its done i'll happily package some up and send them to you if you still need them.

Just bumping this up again in case any of the Notts people haven't seen it.

I don't need many towels, even 2 or 3 bath sized towels would be great :wave:

I got some really big bath towels from the pound shop, i know that doesn't help too much, but it does keep the cost down. They weren't very thick, but they did the job :)

Just bumping this up because we still need old towels. :wave:

Unfortunately no-one in the Notts area had any last time I asked, so I'm hoping to have better luck this time :)

This is especially important ATM because we can't dry towels fast enough to meet demand due to the cold damp weather (we don't have a tumble dryer)

Just bumping this up because we still need old towels. :wave:

Unfortunately no-one in the Notts area had any last time I asked, so I'm hoping to have better luck this time :)

This is especially important ATM because we can't dry towels fast enough to meet demand due to the cold damp weather (we don't have a tumble dryer)

Have you tried putting an ad on freecycle (you don't need to say where you are or even what you want them for) You could just say needed for animal rescue & offer to collect locally :)

Have you tried putting an ad on freecycle (you don't need to say where you are or even what you want them for) You could just say needed for animal rescue & offer to collect locally :)

I used to use Freecycle, but unfortunately had some bad experiences with our local one :(

Have you got a local school or maybe a community group that could collect some for you if you have them a bit of info on what they're needed for? They could collect them together and you could pick them up :)

Back