• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Now Thistle's not right...

georgie_f

Mama Doe
:cry::cry::cry:

He's not eating. I found him asleep in a dirty litter tray so picked him up and checked for lumps and bumps, thinking of Cloud's current nose issue. He's not got any. I heard his tummy rumble. I've picked him fresh clover, given him readi-grass, fenugreek crunchies, a fresh bowl of pellets, apple... the only thing I've got him to eat is two yoghurt drops and then he started refusing those too.

There's a nectarine in the kitchen, I'm going to try that. Otherwise I think he'll be off to the vet with Cloud. :(

He's hiding in his tunnel now.

Thistle's not allowed to be ill! :cry:

Oh no- lots of vibes for him.

As far as I know buns cant eat nectarines- the sugar may make his tummy worse. When Snowdrop isnt eating fenugreek crunchies and parsley will occasionally work.

Oh No!! Vets,quick!! Lady Bun (aka Mrs Bun) sends her love and get well Thistle Vibes!!!

(EEk....my lot love nectarines)!!!!

Ok, no nectarine. I don't think I have anything else. I found him just after I'd rang the vet to make an appointment for Cloud too.

I thought I had a sachet of recovery food but I can't find it anywhere. :? There's some apple baby food in the cupboard that I keep for the birds - can I syringe feed him some of that?

I can't get to the vets today because of work but I'll leave a note for my Mum and see if she can get him in if I can't get him to eat anything before I go. :(

Ok, no nectarine. I don't think I have anything else. I found him just after I'd rang the vet to make an appointment for Cloud too.

I thought I had a sachet of recovery food but I can't find it anywhere. :? There's some apple baby food in the cupboard that I keep for the birds - can I syringe feed him some of that?

I can't get to the vets today because of work but I'll leave a note for my Mum and see if she can get him in if I can't get him to eat anything before I go. :(

Please dont syringe feed anything but water. If he has an obstruction force feeding him will make him much worse.

He really needs to get to a Vet today

Sending vibes xx

Please dont syringe feed anything but water. If he has an obstruction force feeding him will make him much worse.

He really needs to get to a Vet today

Sending vibes xx

Honestly Jane, if I could get him to a vet right now, I would :( but I currently have £70 in my bank account which has to stretch now between Cloud and Thistle.

If my Mum was in I'd borrow it from her but I'm the only one at home right now. Mum will be back at 2 but I leave for work in an hour. :( The best I can do right now is find him as many different things to eat as I can and leave Mum a note. I can't even ring her because she's gone swimming.

Feeling a bit of a rubbish bunny mum right now. :oops::cry:

Honestly Jane, if I could get him to a vet right now, I would :( but I currently have £70 in my bank account which has to stretch now between Cloud and Thistle.

If my Mum was in I'd borrow it from her but I'm the only one at home right now. Mum will be back at 2 but I leave for work in an hour. :( The best I can do right now is find him as many different things to eat as I can and leave Mum a note. I can't even ring her because she's gone swimming.

Feeling a bit of a rubbish bunny mum right now. :oops::cry:

Can you ring your vet and ask if you can pay at a later date? They are usually pretty good. In a bad month with Snowdrop I will settle up on payday instead of paying as we go.

Can you ring your vet and ask if you can pay at a later date? They are usually pretty good. In a bad month with Snowdrop I will settle up on payday instead of paying as we go.

Probably, yes, but that doesn't solve my work problem :( I had a moan about how totally non-understanding they are in the thread about Cloud. I can't afford to risk my job as then I'll have nothing to pay with at all.

Probably, yes, but that doesn't solve my work problem :( I had a moan about how totally non-understanding they are in the thread about Cloud. I can't afford to risk my job as then I'll have nothing to pay with at all.

I work full time too and struggle when Snowdrop needs the vets. Could you ring them and see if you can drop her off with them? I usually ring mine in the morning- say she isnt eating and they admit her for the day for fluid therapy and syringe feeding if she needs it, then I collect her after work and carry on the treatment over night.

I work full time too and struggle when Snowdrop needs the vets. Could you ring them and see if you can drop her off with them? I usually ring mine in the morning- say she isnt eating and they admit her for the day for fluid therapy and syringe feeding if she needs it, then I collect her after work and carry on the treatment over night.

I've rung in sick. Personel made me talk to the store manager. I told him I'd woken up with migraine but I bet they know damn well I'm going to the vet. Just got to try and stop crying long enough to phone the vet now. :oops::cry:

I've rung in sick. Personel made me talk to the store manager. I told him I'd woken up with migraine but I bet they know damn well I'm going to the vet. Just got to try and stop crying long enough to phone the vet now. :oops::cry:

My place are really strict on sickies too- I suppose it makes sense when it cost them £200 a day to get a supply in, plus the disruption to the kids.

If you get her to the vets soon you could always go into work later and say you have taken medication and the migrane has gone down.

The earliest appointment they had was 4.20. Seems like ages away but at least I can get Mum to come with me just in case it costs more than £70. :oops:

I feel really awful.

In the meantime try and keep him warm and keep offering him foods but dont syringe him. Gently tummy rubs may help if its gas.

I'd rub his tummy if the daft git would get out of his tunnel :roll:

Just taken a pear down. Didn't even sniff it.

Dad's also just got home and shouted at me for thinking a rabbit's more important than earning money to give him rent. :shock: And he says I can't go in Mum's car because he's going canoeing so I now also need to buy petrol with my widdly bit of money. URGH!! Why does this stuff all happen at once?!

I'd rub his tummy if the daft git would get out of his tunnel :roll:

Just taken a pear down. Didn't even sniff it.

Dad's also just got home and shouted at me for thinking a rabbit's more important than earning money to give him rent. :shock: And he says I can't go in Mum's car because he's going canoeing so I now also need to buy petrol with my widdly bit of money. URGH!! Why does this stuff all happen at once?!

Oh God Georgie.
Its awful to be worrying like this.Hang on in there.Keep talking to Thistle.xxx

Just come in and seen this. :( So, so sorry. :( Please don't feel bad - you're doing the very best you can for Cloud and Thistle. :love::love: Mega vibes for them both.

Back