• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

home needed for 3 legged female bun found by local rspca

barbara forster

Warren Scout
my local rspca has been in touch to see if i know of anyone who can take a 3 legged girl bunnie from them. she was found wandering around Preston. They are in the process of contacting all the vets in the preston area as if someone cared enough to pay for the amputation, i am sure they would want her back. up to now they are not having any luck though. The lady from the rspca is looking after her at home for now.

Oh my gosh! Surely if they paid for an amputation they must care? Thats big bucks!! I hope this bun gets re-united with its owner........ maybe their financial situation changed? Or it might have been nabbed out of a hutch in the garden like Teddys_mums bun was.....

Any luck yet? I would go to the local newspaper & do a story! The owners could of course proove they are the real owners with vet bill etc. if someone came forward!:)

Poor bunny. Hope she finds her loving forever home - even if it is not the one she has come from - soon. At least she is safe now.

no the lady from the rspca has contacted the local vets in preston but still no owner can be found. i think my pal might take her though.

i know :cry:
if it was me i would go to the end of the earth and back to fine any of mine.

she is safe for the time being as the RSPCA lady is looking after her but ideally she would like to rehome her. I am really tempted myself but i have 6 already and i have had a terrible time with them over the last 6 months. over 3k in vets bills :shock:
my friend may be able to take her but we are still not sure .

hiya bunny babe, yes it a terrible shame about the bunny. Louise from the RSPCA has even contacted the vets in preston as you would think one of them would recall doing the amputation. I am tempted to take her but i am scared because of the worry mine have put me through since february. I am thinking that she could live indoors with sooty and matilda. They are really friendly and soft.
flippy is doing good. its two weeks today since he started one of his funny turns. the times before that it was 8 days, and before that 9 days.
He is on panacur and kidney tablets with a tiny bit of blackcurrant juice (as the panacur long term can reduce immunity) . I have really reduced his calcium, no brocolli or kale. he is eating plenty of hay and grass and is still allowed carrots and greens and a bit of fruit. I am hoping we have solved whatever it was by treating him for anything it could be. Just keeping everything crossed although i am constantly checking on him.
let me know when the next get together is :)

Are you sure it was amputated? My neighbour has a three legged bunny - the mother rabbit over groomed and baby ended up minus a leg. :shock:

Could it be possible that this bunny's been dumped for being 'deformed'?

Are you sure it was amputated? My neighbour has a three legged bunny - the mother rabbit over groomed and baby ended up minus a leg. :shock:

Could it be possible that this bunny's been dumped for being 'deformed'?

Good point - that would explain why no-one is frantically looking - maybe it isnt from caring household.

I had an adorable amputee (hind leg) she was an indoor bun - they have to be indoor really as the hind end drops and can get wet and cold in winter.

Back