• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone good at identifying breeds?!

Livi

Alpha Buck
When we got Pip, she was sold as an English crossbreed.....Have added a few pics...

Does anyone have an idea what sort of breed she may be or may be crossed with....She weighs approx 1.6kgs and is about 5/6 months old.

The day we got her...
Rabbit.jpg

With her husbun Rusty (I have figured he is a dutch :lol: woo clever me!)
Rabbits.jpg

Chilling out indoors after her spay..
Pipsleeping.jpg

Look forward to hearing what some of the more clued up bun savvy members think as I have no idea - she is my 1st bun & tbh I didnt realise just how many breeds there were :shock: x

She looks like a dwarf lop to me, like Wilm in my sig, except different colour obviously! Broken butterfly. I don't think her markings are Englidh tbh. Your buns are stunning!

Wooo...I thought she was when I saw various bunnys on websites who were blue butterfly dwarf lops! Such as the one on Rainbow Rabbits :love:

Thank you all...I mean I love her just as much either way, but its nice to try to find out the breed so now I can read up on her particular breed :)

I must say she is a bit gorgeous :love: it was love at first sight! Shes such a sweetie but also such a minx - right little character :)

Yep Rusty :love::love: He is such a sweetie! So laid back & gorgeous….His fave thing is carrying things round in his mouth, he is a real cuddly snugly bun too & ever so laid back!

We have only had him 10 days, he is an RSPCA bun – handed in as him & his ‘brother’ (who isn’t a dutch – is a lop eared tan with bluey tints to his coat….maybe not his brother but sold as his brother?!) were not getting on, and my poor Rusty was being bullied! He still has an old scar on the back of his neck where he was bitten quite badly, the fur has grown back about 75% but its still not as furry as the rest of him - Bless him :)

He was described as lively & very playful....which he doesnt seem to be 'very' but is playful....maybe he is still settling in - or is just not as lively and playful as Pip who is a real cheeky monkey, most buns are prob laid back in comparison! :lol:

Yep Rusty :love::love: He is such a sweetie! So laid back & gorgeous….His fave thing is carrying things round in his mouth, he is a real cuddly snugly bun too & ever so laid back!

We have only had him 10 days, he is an RSPCA bun – handed in as him & his ‘brother’ (who isn’t a dutch – is a lop eared tan with bluey tints to his coat….maybe not his brother but sold as his brother?!) were not getting on, and my poor Rusty was being bullied! He still has an old scar on the back of his neck where he was bitten quite badly, the fur has grown back about 75% but its still not as furry as the rest of him - Bless him :)

He was described as lively & very playful....which he doesnt seem to be 'very' but is playful....maybe he is still settling in - or is just not as lively and playful as Pip who is a real cheeky monkey, most buns are prob laid back in comparison! :lol:

Aww poor Rusty.
He sounds just gorgeouse. If ever you decide that you don`t want him anymore, I will quite gladly take him off your hands.;););):lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Pennypoos....He really is a sweetie! We are so lucky to have him...I cant believe how quickly he has settled in. Tonight I went to stuff his bed with straw, give him some greens for the night & top up his hay & all he wanted was a fuss :love: Pip is the same, so sweet the pair of them....Always feel really bad when putting them to bed, as its always of a night they are so mega affectionate!

Ooo really Areia :thumb: Nice to meet you! Whats yours called, and how old is he/she? Pics too please :love: To be honest I havent seen many choc dutchies, and I only stumbled across Rusty by chance when browsing the RSPCA website....and once I read his profile I was smitten :) I posted a thread on here the night I found him actually....titled I am in love or words to that effect :lol:

carrie, shes not my cuddly bun though shes my (politely put ) fiesty one :lol: my black dutch is my snuggle bun

021.jpg

025.jpg

I wolud absolutely love a choccy dutch.:love: I`m soooooo jelouse of you two. My Husband would have a duck fit if I brought any more rabbits home though.:evil:

Back