• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carpet or Lino?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Hi guys..

quick one.

Do i get Lino or Carpet for the pen for Biscuit/Ginger?

Lino is more expensive, but easier to clean.

What would you do?

Ta.

Gray

Hi guys..

quick one.

Do i get Lino or Carpet for the pen for Biscuit/Ginger?

Lino is more expensive, but easier to clean.

What would you do?

Ta.

Gray

If you trust them to use their litter trays then go for carpet.

Our indoor buns have lino and a carpet offcut on top.

I would say Lino if they can walk on it ok and it is not too slippy.

I have Lino in my bunny room, but it has washable rugs over every inch almost!

Although Herbie & Inca do use the litter tray, they still have times when they have a wet foot or something daft like that and i need to wash one of the rugs.

110% lino!

Carpet's a nightmare! Thistle moults so badly as well that the bit of carpet I did have in the shed was white every morning and I had to brush it all off with an old scrubbing brush. My buns also find peeing on it irresistable.

I got quite a lot of lino for free when I went and asked for offcuts in the local carpet place. The offcuts are funny shapes but they fitted in Pharrell and Daphne's hutch nicely.

The 3mX3m bit I bought for the shed was £70 which I thought was pretty good.

Lino, lino, lino, lino, lino, lino!

Least with lino you can put soft stuff ON it. It's a bit harder with carpet. Also carpet gave mine sore hocks. If they wee on carpet it is very difficult to shift and smells.

I'm trying to find some lino at the moment - how much did everyone pay for theirs?

I need 6m x 2m to cover my new bunny house that my dad is making for me - cheapest I've found it in the shops is £7.99/sq.m. - a seller on eBay has it for £4.50/sq.m. but the postage is another £10 or it can be picked up but it's 25 miles away... any ideas anyone?

If you go to a carpet shop they usually have off cuts of lino that sell for much cheaper, like roll ends.

I got mine supplied and fitted for £90, thats a 18ft x 12 ft room x

I did have a look in a couple of Carpet Rights that are near me - though I can't say they were very helpful and I wasn't too sure what I was looking for!

Will take a stroll on my lunch break tomorrow and see if the guy who runs his own carpet shop has anything :)

If you go to a carpet shop they usually have off cuts of lino that sell for much cheaper, like roll ends.

:shock: Mine cost about £350 for two rooms of about 8 by 8 and 12 by 10.

Bargain! I paid more than that for my toilet and bathroom - both are only 3ft x 6ft. :shock:

I would go for lino - you can put something over the top if it's too slippy or if the buns don't like it (Bubbles hates my laminate floor) and it's much easier to keep clean. :)

i would go for lino every time for ease of cleaning you just sweep out and done i do have carpet mats and on shelves in shed but main floor in lino only cost me a tenner off the roll its a 7 x 5 piece so was well chuffed its anti slip too they seem be doing ok with it at which i am pleased about :wave:

i would go for lino every time for ease of cleaning you just sweep out and done i do have carpet mats and on shelves in shed but main floor in lino only cost me a tenner off the roll its a 7 x 5 piece so was well chuffed its anti slip too they seem be doing ok with it at which i am pleased about :wave:

Can i ask where you got that from please PinkyBlare? I need a 5x5 piece or maybe a smidge bigger if possible.

Can i ask where you got that from please PinkyBlare? I need a 5x5 piece or maybe a smidge bigger if possible.

it was just from our local carpet shop i get all my lino from there i never pay much use it in our kitchen and bathroom have you got any family run carpet shops near you they tend to be more accommodating than the big stores i could always price some up for you and post:lol: but by time i posted it may work out expensive but i will glady do that for you if you like:wave:

I've just ordered lino from eBay - it cost £4.50 per square metre and it's brand new :)

I looked for cut offs in our local carpet shops but they were either too small, or far too big. I needed 5 square metres and paid £22.50 for it, plus £9.99 delivery, whereas the cut offs that would cover it cost about £50!

They delivered it the next day too :)

Back