• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bunny doesnt seem to want to interact with me much

How long have you had her? She will still be getting used to you have you laid on the floor with her and stoke her when you feed her. Give her every oppourtunity to trust you. Dont force it or your scare her. Spend time every day playing with toys with her. You can get some good ones from the Hay Experts website and you will get there with love and attention.

Show us some pics!!

I sympathise!:wave: In my case, the fact I adopted Spenser when he was 7 months old has something to do with it - we didn't 'bond' when he was a baby. I'm sure though that others on here would confirm that some buns are just not cuddly - it doesn't necessarily mean they don't like you or enjoy attention, but just that cuddles are not what they want. Spenser likes being stroked, but only if all four paws are firmly on the ground. What really makes my day is that when I go out to the hutch to say goodnight he sometimes does a happyflop because he's so pleased to see me. :love::love::love:

A lot of buns never like being held - not suprising really considering they're a prey species. Have you tried lying on the floor and letting her come to you? Hand feed her treats and stroke her gently. Don't pick her up against her will if you can possibly avoid it.

Is she spayed yet? That should help.

I've been a pet owner most of my life but Phoebe is the first rabbit I've cared for .
And she has been hard work!
And it's only now after a couple of months of full on care that I feel she's responding to me...runs towards me when I go into the garden when she's foraging, does a little up and down dance in the morning when I go to let her out (although I think that's more of a 'come on come on ..hurry up let me out noow!!' )
She puts her head into my hand to be groomed and seems a happy little soul as opposed to the growly madam she was when she first came :lol:
She still has a chunter if something's not to her liking but she's fun to have around.She'll never be like a dog or cat (constantly wanting cuddles and liking fuss ) but she's a rabbit ..different :D

I've had her for 3 weeks,no she's not spayed yet she is 15 weeks..I must admit when I got home tonight I picked her straight up from her cage and she didn't struggle or seem scared while she was sat on me,I think she was grinding her teeth while on me. http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._408800633343_723908343_4676059_4274271_n.jpg

If the teeth-grinding is soft it's a good sign - my bunny does this if he is particularly enjoying being petted. (Loud teeth-grinding tends to indicate pain.) It's good she didn't struggle or seem scared tonight, but it is probably a good idea to also spend time with her without trying to pick her up as well. If she's a house bunny I'm sure you do this anyway. I looked at the photo and she is so cute. :love::love::love::love:

yeh she is gorgeous..yeh I sit on the floor with her which I am doin now,she really is spoilt :) yh it was a quiet soft grinding I think

Poppy hates being picked up but she loves having a fuss on the floor - she also does a crazy little dance when I go to see her in the morning, but again like redliz's bun she could just be eager to be fed :p I do hand feed her most of the time so she gets used to me - she makes a low grunting noise too which is just lovely :love: I think its her way of saying hello :) Ive adopted her from my brother and I have no idea how old she is as he got her from freecycle I think (shocking I know), possibly around 2 or 3 I think. Surprisingly she's taken to me and being a house bun really well :thumb:

awww bless..sophie is starting to like being picked up,she doesnt struggle any more and snuggles into my chin with her head :D

Back