• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Handy Tip for Bun owners...not sure where to post!

Livi

Alpha Buck
When I got Pip spayed & she was indoors in a crate, the vet advised to try to eliminate her laying in or on hay etc. So i bedded her on vetbed and bought some Pets @ Home Puppy Training pads (sorry for those who dont agree with them...but its my local Pet place that stocks lots of things!)...anyway...I lined her litter tray in the crate (not her usual large one, just a smaller side corner one) with Puppy training pads...

Sadly she couldnt work out the tray business while indoors in teh crate, although she did occasionally wee on the pad.

Just wanted to basically recommend the pads to anyone who uses litter trays for their buns....I now line her usual litter tray with the pads, and then fill with hay (as thats what she likes to use as litter :lol:) and when cleaning out its sooo much easier! The liner just simply slides out into the dustbin, taking all soiled hay with it and there is hardly any wet in the tray itself, so I give it a good rinse and disinfect and just dry off...No wee damage etc...as the pads soak it all up...

So if anyone uses pads or wants to give them I try I would deffo recommend them :D

I also found a really cheap link to some on ebay, have ordered some - cheapeast I have found so far...just hope the quality is as good!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220653163011

Good idea unless your bunny is likely to eat them! Mine would eat them and then I wonder what is inside that soaks the wee up? Might be dangerous to bunnies?

I've used them in the past. Mine tend to ignore them and not chew them, when they do they never do it for very long. They do dig them and move them though. :roll:

i can support this. i used puppy pads to line the trays when tabby rabbit was ill last week. it was good because i could keep an eye on what she'd been up to!

I used the pound shop's own version for Harley when she was living inside as she's always been a bit hit and miss with her litter tray, plus she was using a water bowl and always :roll: knocking it over :lol:

Back