• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wet nose rabbit

jessimin

Young Bun
Hi there guys!

I have a little bunny I am lookin after this year (Bucky). He is generally well tempered and healthy as far as we can tell.

This weekend we went away on Saturday morning and came back on Monday. While we were away we gave him plenty of toys and our friend (a fellow rabbit owner) came in, fed him and let him out. We came back and he now has a little wet spot on his nose. I checked on it for the past couple of hours and it is still wet. I have some pictures here for you to see. He used to have a white nose but you can see now that it is dark where it wet.

I have not heard him sneeze but my sister was here on Thursday and when I was at work heard him sneeze. I thought it might just be dust from the hay. But since his nose is now wet it might be related.

His eyes aren't weeping. Do you guys have any suggestions.

Let me know and thanks so much for reading!

(sorry the photos are on their side, you will need to turn your head to the right).....

img0343t.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

img0344d.jpg

img0345o.jpg

He needs to b examined by the Vet. He might have the start of a respiratory tract infection. Even if he is 'well within himself' he still needs to be examined as sneezing and a nasal discharge are not 'normal'

Good luck.

Back