• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is there a breeder list on here

im looking for a rex breeder in my area blue rex im in love with lol
if any one can help me out lokking around aberystwyth area
thank you

This site is primarily Rescue, trying to find homes for the over 33,000 Rabbits already here without breeding more.

If you are intent on buying from a Breeder despite the above then I'd suggest going onto the British Rabbit Council Site.

Being a member of the BRC DOES NOT GUARANTEE A 'GOOD BREEDER'

www.thebrc.org/

Always visit the Breeder and ask to see their set-up etc. Otherwise things like this can happen :

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=243218

lots of rescue rabbits are very tame, but yes the colour you are looking for i think would be very hard to find in rescue...ill have a wee look out for some for you

never said i was not willing to give a home to rabbit but i want a particular breed and it needs to be tame and not biter is all

The blue rex i had used to nip. chew my house up and spray wee on me:lol: He was from a breeder,He had sore hocks and developed a gut problem that eventully killed him at 6 years old:( Ive also had 3 rexes from rescues i still have a black one who is 9 years old now:)

lots of rescue rabbits are very tame, but yes the colour you are looking for i think would be very hard to find in rescue...ill have a wee look out for some for you
thats very good of you but please remember im in the middle of nowhere and no car i live close to aberystwyth
thank you i would like to maybe get into showing that would be fun

thats very good of you but please remember im in the middle of nowhere and no car i live close to aberystwyth
thank you i would like to maybe get into showing that would be fun

Most probably, it won't be fun for the bunny.:(
Rabbits are prey animals and don't like to be moved to unknown places. Mine are terrified of travelling.:(

Yeah, this is a rescue orientated site and because there are so many rabbits in rescues sometimes we get a bit upset if someone wants to buy one. Also in my experience breeders seem to care more about coloring and shape of the animal than its personality. They often don't handle them so you'll have a lot of work to do to tame them.

Yeah, this is a rescue orientated site and because there are so many rabbits in rescues sometimes we get a bit upset if someone wants to buy one. Also in my experience breeders seem to care more about coloring and shape of the animal than its personality. They often don't handle them so you'll have a lot of work to do to tame them.

I got my first one from a hobby breeder, I know it was a wrong thing to do but to be honest I never thought about rescue centers at the time :? Mine was well handled from the start and the set up was brilliant, in a really large shed which was heated in winter and they all got 1-1 time with her each day for a good few hours. She didn't have that many and only bred from each once a year so I didn't think that was too bad really.....

It was only joining this site that I realised about rescue centers (doh) and got my other from one for her husbun, and they are very happy together :0)

I got my first one from a hobby breeder, I know it was a wrong thing to do but to be honest I never thought about rescue centers at the time :? Mine was well handled from the start and the set up was brilliant, in a really large shed which was heated in winter and they all got 1-1 time with her each day for a good few hours. She didn't have that many and only bred from each once a year so I didn't think that was too bad really.....

It was only joining this site that I realised about rescue centers (doh) and got my other from one for her husbun, and they are very happy together :0)

Just my experience. :wave:

Just wanted to post to have my say.
Please don't leave the forum as you feel you're not wanted here, because that's not true. (Forum members have recommended other forums)

If you really want a certain Rex, that's absolutely fine in my opinion. I love Belgian Hares, and they very rarely come up in rescue.

Please please make sure you however look in your rescues as I'm sure somewhere there will be one you want, I see so many rexes in rescues due to their hocks.

If you don't find one, then please go to a breeder rather than a petshop. Find a breeder you can trust. Go around, look at their set up, breeding stock, do not what ever you do, go to a back yard breeder (they will most probably supply the petshops).

However, there are just sometimes when you fall in love with a rabbit in a petshop or whatever!

ok lets all breath
1. i didnt know this was a rescue forum
2. showing was just a thought
3. i have had a rescue bunny and pigs and snakes before
coco1200 what guarantee do you have finding a breeder near you then???
thats why i asked encase someone new of one

5. like has been said when you want a particular kind of breed rescue is not always the way to go its a wonderful thing but if they dont have what you want then really you have no choice

6. if you want to promote rescue rather than buying then telling someone that this forum may not be for them really is not the way to get your views across and promote a better way of doing things

just makes you feel unwanted

now i understand you all have strong feelings on the matter and i feel for all the abandoned animals so please dont think i am insensitive

like i have said i have a diploma in animal care and i am sorry if i have offended any one

sorry if my post came across harsh,having bad time with my bun at minute :oops:
hope you find the bun your aftre :)

Please don't leave! :) I don't think you have offended anyone and neither do I think that anybody intended to offend you. :)
People here have very strong feelings re: breeding, as most of us have had to deal with the consequences of the acts of irresponsible breeders.

Nope you havent offended me and I hope my post didnt offend you? As I said in my post it is worth looking further afield as if you went down the rescue route bunny runs can always be organised once a homecheck has been done :D
I go to Angelsey every couple of months to visit my in laws and would be happy to transport as far as Bangor for a rescue bun if you could get to there (maybe by train?)and I am sure other people would volunteer too we usually manage to sort something

Last edited:
no im not offended i have just had bad times with rehoming places
its the home visit puts me off as i dont live in a house they tend to turn me down

judge you on what you live in rather than if you can give the animal a good home or not
i try to keep faith but it dose put you off

I just wanted to say that a lot of the rescues on here and some others too will rehome across the UK with organised transport to help get the bunny to you. So even if theres a specific one you would like, its possible someone would have one miles away but still get it to you, and they get someone local to homecheck adn offer some advice when they do :wave:

Back