• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do my rabbits.............??

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Why does Winni like to dig my partners clothes (if left disguarded on the floor)

Whereas, Rimmi like to poo on them??

I know Rimmi is probably marking his terratory.... but whats Win doing?? :shock:

She's reminding you that you must put your clothes away rather than leave them on her floor! :lol:

Spenser has been known to dig the bottoms of my joggers when I am actually wearing them! :shock::lol: The only answer, it seems, is to wear leggings.

Rabbits will often "dig" each other, or objects if they are trying to say "hey, move out of the way". Or sometimes it can be because they are trying to move things around and make them comfortable for them to sit on. Or they might think it's something that can actually be dug, like soil.

I agree with the "Tidy it away - shouldn't be there" theory. Fortunately my bun lives on the floor. He'll try to get rid of any mess on the floor & take smaller articles to the front door mat. (Letters magically disappear.) He'll throw larger things around, or "dig at cloth" = annoyance for him. He's a remarkably tidy bunny.

When Snowdrop lived in my room anything left on the floor afetr midnight would be pulled under the bed and claimed as hers. If you reached under to get it back you would get bitten!

Sounds like Winni is a neat freak. Wish Julie was. She loves to dump out all her toys and throw them about right after I pick them all up. It is Raul the budgie who grabs anything small enough to carry in his mouth. He steals toys from Julie. His first toy that was not attached to his cage was a wood apple that he stole on the floor from her. He is now inseparable from the apple. Like a child's blankie .....although this is the second one after the first worn to a teeny tiny piece of wood..:lol:

Sounds like Winni is a neat freak. Wish Julie was. She loves to dump out all her toys and throw them about right after I pick them all up. It is Raul the budgie who grabs anything small enough to carry in his mouth. He steals toys from Julie. His first toy that was not attached to his cage was a wood apple that he stole on the floor from her. He is now inseparable from the apple. Like a child's blankie .....although this is the second one after the first worn to a teeny tiny piece of wood..:lol:

Awwwww

Spenser has been known to dig the bottoms of my joggers when I am actually wearing them! :shock::lol: The only answer, it seems, is to wear leggings.

Quoting myself just to update! :oops:I was sitting in the run with Spenser tonight and he decided to dig my pink fleece. He's not anyway aggressive, just likes exploring new textures! :love::love: He also licks my clothes (favours the leggings) and tonight he had a lick at my specs. :lol::lol:

I have to take my specs off to lie on the floor. Guess who starts to throw them around to tidy them up if I dare leave them on the floor. :lol:

Was watching dvds with the buns yesterday and the day before....but Lily Shane was on my chest...bouncing up and down like she was on a trampoline!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:
BB dug...and chewed my top..:roll:

My bunnies do it to my O/H's clothes, he's really messy and it frustrates me! So I guess the bunnies are just helping mummy out! :lol:

Saying that my clothes are full of holes, but thats through bunnies chewing away at them whilst I'm wearing them :lol:

My bunnies do it to my O/H's clothes, he's really messy and it frustrates me! So I guess the bunnies are just helping mummy out! :lol:

Saying that my clothes are full of holes, but thats through bunnies chewing away at them whilst I'm wearing them :lol:

I'm fascinated by the buns who chew clothes while you're wearing them. Do you think they may be "grooming you" & trying to tease out the "matted bits" so you have nice long silky fur all over, but it goes a bit wrong?

I'm fascinated by the buns who chew clothes while you're wearing them. Do you think they may be "grooming you" & trying to tease out the "matted bits" so you have nice long silky fur all over, but it goes a bit wrong?

Winni nibbled the bfs tshirt last night!!! She dug it and then nipped it... it look like she was taking great care not to get the skin though.........he ended up with a few holes in the top!! :oops:

Donnie likes to smooth things out, he loves getting up on the bed and "sorting out" the duvet, he can go for ages til its all nice and flat and then he just jumps down.:love:

Lady nibbles OH's hoodie when he's wearing it but that's the only clothes she goes near, don't know why...
She likes biting his hair though :lol:

Possibly yes, everytime I give Lola a big cuddle (holding her), she sits comfortably but will happily munch away at my collar :lol:.

Lola does it to all my clothes, if I wear my fluffy dressing gown they all have a go and in between they do lick and clean it. :oops: Obviously I'm a filthy mummy! :lol::love:

Arrabella also nips me - I htink its love bites...it is ever so gently -more like a kiss!:love:

Arrabella also digs & pushed her front feet forward smoothing out the aubiose & pushing it out the way in the litter tray. Everyday I lay newspaper & aubiose & in she jumps & spends ages removing ALL the newspaper so there is just aubiose left. Then she digs half of it out & spends ages re-arranging the rest of it. She picks up hay in there & moves it piece by piece. I join in sometimes and scratch about with my hand and pretend to dig the aubiose over her feet - her face is hilarious as she nudges me & starts sorting it all out! I dont think she gets annoyed - she likes the fact that Im useful sometimes!:roll::lol:

Indiana mean while is looking at us both like we are idiots & "what is she supposed to use for the loo now?":lol::lol:

Indiana is the sweetest - she snuggles down for me to "groom" her...she adores a bum rub!:lol:

Back