• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Types of puppy pens

Keky

Warren Scout
Which would you choose and why? I already have a folding puppy pen and want to get another one, but I am considering a drop pin one this time. What do you think?

I bought the next size up from that as an indoor cage, it has eight panels and an opening door. It is also tougher wire as its meant for a larger dog.

It can be linked into another one of the same. I also use mine outdoors now as the little so and sos chewed their way to freedom underneath the hutch.

I had one from pets at home but had to take it back as they were escaping from it on a regular basis with great ease :roll:

I have one from zoo plus now, it very rarely gets used as a pen for them though - I use two panels to block off the garden gate, the rest of the garden is bunny proof :)

Bumping this as I would like to hear from anyone with a drop pin puppy pen :wave:

If you have a drop pin one are they as strong as a folding puppy pen? Do they have any vulnerability that might allow a rabbit to escape them?

There are pros and cons to the drop pin type.

On one hand they stop buns from lifting the pen up if the pins are stuck in the ground, and you can attach more panels really easily.

On the other hand, they're really difficult to move around the garden because the pins stick in the grass and end up getting bent.

TBH I find it easier to just cable tie the panels together

There are pros and cons to the drop pin type.

On one hand they stop buns from lifting the pen up if the pins are stuck in the ground, and you can attach more panels really easily.

On the other hand, they're really difficult to move around the garden because the pins stick in the grass and end up getting bent.

TBH I find it easier to just cable tie the panels together

It would be mostly for indoor use to extend the buns area while I'm out, I don't have much in the way of a garden but would like to improve the state of it.

I already have a folding one without the pins, do you think I would be better just getting another of the same then? I guess I liked the idea of having any number of panels I liked :lol:

I've got two of the pens from zooplus. Because they are both the same I can join them together and make one huge pen. I secure the door with a padlock to stop it being lifted up by a buns mouth.

I have drop-pin ones! These ones:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120562416182

I have a 76cm one and a 61cm one and use them indoors as a mini run and also to fence off the TV area and the PC desk and when it's dark, the curtains! They're good because you can separate them and connect them up so you can use as many or as few panels as you want.

How sturdy are they, that one doesn't look like it would stand up against my Harley's chewing and attempting to get out. :roll:

Back