• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can bunnies live with a cat?

rekoyu

New Kit
I have two little bunnies and my mom's is planning on getting a new cat for my sister. I dont want the cat to chase the rabbit all over the house or hurt them.

I've got seven buns and eight cats and they all co-exist just fine. If they are playing in the garden, it's the buns who chase the cats, and they just climb a tree when they get fed-up!

I'd suggest supervised access to start with though until you can see how the cats and buns get on.

I wouldn't let a cat have access to baby bunnies as they may be too tempting. I did have a dwarf bun - my Bridge Bun Pumpkin - who used to chase my large male cat away - it was really funny to watch:D

My neighbours recently bought a kitten and he showed a lot of interest in the buns to start with but I think they have taught him who is boss as I notice he now stays a respectful distance. He was much smaller than they were to start with so I wasn't concerned - although did warn my neighbours my buns may kick him if he started bothering them.

So, yes, cats and buns can get on, but just watch them carefully to start with - all cats and buns are individuals and just because I am lucky and mine are one big happy family doesn't mean all cats and buns will be the same.

Good luck.

I have 6 cats and 6 buns and they are all fine together. As Rhianna says the buns tend to be the boss. But I do know of cats that are not trust worthy with them. Will it be a kitten or cat that she will be getting?

I have four bunnies and two cats.. although they get on ok.. I have seen one of my cats go for my bunnies a few times so wouldnt trust them ever completely.

i have a cat and many bunnys she only went for one when he tryed humping her she also trys to play with them apart from that shes great with them :)

Back