• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

foraged lots of plantain and dandelion today

Kittykat23uk

Mama Doe
There seems to be a lot of plantain around at the moment, particularly in Norwich down Hellesdon meadow. My buns love it. Got some nice dandelions too. :D

i've been growing dandelions in the garden. i want to grow plantain aswell. they love the dried plantain so will probably like fresh aswell. :)

I found three types I think, the giant one with the big leaves, a low growing one with much smaller leaves (buckhorn I think), and narrow-leafed plantain.

i've been growing dandelions in the garden. i want to grow plantain aswell. they love the dried plantain so will probably like fresh aswell. :)

Its really easy to grow but takes ages to germinate. How do you get dandelions to grow I planted some seed but nothing came up:?

Got loads too, huge ones, Truffles will only eat it dried though, chinnies, degus, hamsters all had a feast tonight :D

Its really easy to grow but takes ages to germinate. How do you get dandelions to grow I planted some seed but nothing came up:?

i raked over the soil, watered it first, sprinkled the seeds and watered again and they just grew! only thing i can grow! i mixed the with the grass seeds, maybe that is why they grew better. :wave:

Lucky buns.

My lawn's full of plantain - I used to hate it before I got the buns, but now I'm glad it's there. :D

Its really easy to grow but takes ages to germinate.

I tried growing plantain in a pot but nothing happened - maybe I was too impatient and threw the pot away too soon. :oops: :lol::lol:

George and misty love plantain. I buy them the dried stuff, and they love it.
I hide it in hay and then stuff it inside empty loo roll tubes, they have a great time chucking them around tring to get the plantain out.

Back