• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Nubbin :)

kellybean

New Kit
This our little rabbit Nubbin, who we brought home today. We got him from my wife's sister whos rabbit had a litter of two. He is really adorable and already tame and calm with people so we have had lots of lovely cuddles!!
He is 6 weeks old so still quite small but judging by his ears I think he will be quite a big boy!! :)
PICT3311.jpg

PICT3342.jpg

PICT3323.jpg

He's lovely but very small to be away from mum - baby bunnies should stay with mum until at least 8 weeks.

Will he have a friend when he grows up? Rabbits are sociable and do best with company - a neutered male and a spayed female make the best pairing. xx

Welcome to the forum!

He's a sweetie :love:, but as Hanlou says a bit young to be away from Mum. Hope all goes well for him. :wave:

awwh he is very cute, he is tiny but don't think he will be very big when he is fully grown. At 6 weeks old, my Hermione was over a kilo in weight, but then again she was a giant!

He is adorable though! :love:

He's cute, but as already stated I think he's too young to be away from mummy bunny. :(

I also recommend you get him a neutered and a speyed girly friend (perhaps from a rescue; then the bun will be ready speyed and vaccinated, you'll also get a better idea for the bunnies temperament!)

:love::love::love:
ETA: the first picture has half and apple on the floor, I wouldn't advise feeding that to baby bun :wave:

He's cute, but as already stated I think he's too young to be away from mummy bunny. :(

:love::love::love:
ETA: the first picture has half and apple on the floor, I wouldn't advise feeding that to baby bun :wave:

I dont need to repeat the fact that bun is a bit too young to be away from mum, but i 2nd that buns shouldnt be having fruit or veg untill 12 weeks.

Baby bunny is very cute though.

Is he/she going to be an indoor or outdoor bun?

We can all be a bit intimidating at first, but youve definitley come to the right place for help/advice. Ive become an RU addict! :oops: Ive learned loads and wouldnt be half the bunny mummy i am now if it wasnt for RU!

Welcome to the forum!! :wave:

Do stick around! :)It would be lovely to see more pics of little Nubbin as he grows up. :love: My bunny was fully grown when I got him, so I always get ecited at seeing baby bunnies. :wave:

He's a bit small to be away from mum, but hopefully all will go well. I too suggest that you mostly feed him dry food for now, unless you know what he was fed at his old house and are sure that vegetables are part of it. We don't intend to be intimidating, indeed it's a beautiful bunny and we want to give you all the info for his life to be the best possible!
Do you already have a specialized vet that you can trust with your rabbit? It's important since so young a bunny will have a delicate tummy and you might need his help.
Other than that, congratulations on your little one! He's lovely, I adore orange bunnies.

Hey everyone, I would like to apologise for my snappy comment earlier. I'd only been awake for ten minutes and was excited to see ooohs and ahhhhs about my beautiful baby!! So, I'm very sorry and I really do appreciate all of your comments and advice.
My fiancees sister is very experienced with rabbits and we weren't going to have Nubbin for another couple of weeks but he was no longer wanting to spend time with mum and pretty much never went near her and he is doing very well health wise so she thought he would be fine to come home with us a little early. Plus the poor rabbit mummy has just had another litter because the rabbit daddy broke into her hutch for late night visit.
Nubbin is doing really well, he is eating rabbit pellet food and having the occasional bit of carrot peel.
He is going to be a house rabbit and we have bought a litter tray so we can "house train" him when he is a little bigger.
There is a very good vet surgery very close to my house so I will be registering him there tomorrow.
:D xxx

Very cute Nubbin! My boy -Ash-was only 6 weeks old as well when I got him and did well. I hope you enjoy your bun-he's adorable!

I love Nubbin!!! :love::love::love:
Loving his name too! We are all very nice here, I hope you enjoy it here! :wave:

WHEN I GOT MY FIRST BUNNY I DIDNT KNOW ALOT ABOUT THEM, WE LOOKED ON THE INTERNET AND GOT LOTS OF BOOKS OUT OV THE LIBRARY TO CLUE UP ON HOW TO CARE FOR THEM BEFORE WE GOT THEM. WHEN WE WERE READY WE GOT OUR FIRST BUNNY, THAT WAS 5YEAR AGO, I I FOUND THIS SITE IT HAS REALLY HELPED US KNOW MORE STUFF .:wave::wave:

yeh, ive read through a few threads on here and ive learned quite a bit already. i really have a soft spot for this little guy. he is sat on my lap with his front paws on the laptop reading what im writing about him :) :)

I remember spending hours and hours on the internet everyday looking up different things about bunnies and it was SO confusing!! So many conflicting things and advice! It's was a little over whelming! So I tried to find a place to get information from people with experience, and that's how I found this forum :). While this site can seem intimidating at times because everyone really does know their stuff, it has 100% improved my bunny mummy skills :) I get worried about doing things wrong and being judged sometimes :oops: but I believe everyone on here only has the interests of the bunny at heart and so is the best place to get experienced advice :)!
Nubbin' is a absolute cutie though! I hope he does well in his new forever home :) xxx

yeh, ive read through a few threads on here and ive learned quite a bit already. i really have a soft spot for this little guy. he is sat on my lap with his front paws on the laptop reading what im writing about him :) :)

Oh bless him, that sounds sooooo cute! :love::love:

Awwwww he's so sweet:love: and this forum really is the right place for friendly but sound advice and they give brilliant support when you need it the most. I for one would be lost without it:)

Back