• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

emergency help please *very graphic pic*

breeze

Mama Doe
well after a 5 hour round trip i finaly got the most gorgeous felicity home.i put her in the run whilst i got her hutch ready,picked her up to give her a fuss and was greeted with blood!:shock:its coming from her lady bits.im realy worried.iv rang my vet but hes out on an emergency call so cannot help at the minute.i dont have the car at the minute to take her anywhere else.can anyone tell me what could be wrong?the c world jumps to mind but i realy dont want think that way.is it possible to fall in love straight away?she is perfect.:(
IMG00180-20100829-1915.jpg

IMG00181-20100829-1918.jpg

Poor girl :(

Are you able to ring another vets just for some advice over the phone until your own vet is available?

Is she speyed?

She is beautiful btw :love:

i know,i went in a right panic when i saw it which im not supposed to get wound up.plenty of vibes needed

no shes an ex breeding bun.iv rang one other vet but because im not registered there they cant do anything:evil:

Oh bless her, well done for rescuing her.

Might be a daft question, but can you find out how long your own vet will be before you can talk to them?

Lots & lots of vibes for Felicity xxx

Oh poor girl! :( - and poor you!

I don't really have any advice other than that it could be a number of things so let's hope it's something easily treatable. xx

A quick 'Google' brought up Bladder stones and Bladder sludge just to name one possibility - am no expert at all but am just hoping it's not anything too nasty. She's such a beautiful girl. :(

Tons of hugs for you and tons of vibes for poorly bunny xx

Shall look out for updates.

I'm afraid I don't know either. :( I just wanted to send some vibes.

If you haven't done so already, I think I'd put her on blankets rather than wood shavings incase they stick to her and get dried on. :)

What a shock:shock: I don't have any advice either sorry. Just sending lots of vibes for her and i hope its nothing serious:(

questions

Has she been neutered lately? How old is she? And are there any other rabbits that she lives with? Sometimes during a scrap, genitals can get bitten and can be a target.

Perhaps I miss read somewhere but I think an emergency vet is needed all the same. I really hope all is okay eventually :(

Is there any chance she was pregnant, I have no great experience in this area but wonder if the stress of moving can have caused her to miscarry, as has been said it could well be a few things but I would certainly try and talk to a vet tonight.

Good thiking half penny, and if she's an ex-breeder who knows what kind of trauma she may have had/ over use and latest pregnancy. No experience either with pregnancy!

apparently shes had one litter before.they said she wont be pregnant.iv wiped the blood away and theres no cut it just seems to be slowly dribbling.im waiting for vet to call me back.iv just brought her inside keep an eye on her :(

apparently shes had one litter before.they said she wont be pregnant.iv wiped the blood away and theres no cut it just seems to be slowly dribbling.im waiting for vet to call me back.iv just brought her inside keep an eye on her :(

Poor girl. Thinking of you and lovely Felicity. :( xx

Has she been neutered lately? How old is she? And are there any other rabbits that she lives with? Sometimes during a scrap, genitals can get bitten and can be a target.

Perhaps I miss read somewhere but I think an emergency vet is needed all the same. I really hope all is okay eventually :(

shes 12 months hasnt been neutered andlived on her own

When you phoned the vets who did you speak to? Is there a vet nurse available, they can carry out first aid and normally speak to the vet until he gets back from his other emergencies. Sending lots of vibes that she is alright.

Back