• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keep your fingers crossed.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
I never look on Gumtree but for some reason tonight went on it and typed in hutches. An ad came up from someone who used to do rabbit rescue and was now selling up- they are selling 9ft X 2.5ft X 4ft high hutches, 3 of them. I've sent an e-mail asking for pictures, but if they are as described we could afford some very nice big hutches for the winter.:D

I hope they reply to you even if it is to say they have gone - i'm always enquiring about things and never get a reply! I think they are so rude lol :evil:

Hope you can get them tho :D

We're collecting them on Wednesday night- £150 for the 3. They are actually 2 hutches- 4.5 ft long but we can take out the central partition and have a 9 ft hutch.:D:D:D

It is so strange because I never go on gumtree, but a few folk have mentioned it on here so decided to have a look. It turns out the lady used to rescue rabbits- had 65 at one point- and she wanted £70 each but gave them to us for £50 when she heard we were a sanctuary.:D

We collected 2 of the hutches on Wednesday night and we're collecting the final one on Monday. The lady was very nice and is going to look out old blankets for us too. The hutches are the size she stated and we will be able to remove the central partition so the buns can have a 9 ft hutch.
The only thing that confused me was the lady breeds cat- oriental breeds- and I just don't get how people can breed anything when they know how many animals ( often pedigree) end up in rescue.

Back