• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I Try Again or Not? More Questions

Should I attempt a bond again?

• Yes

Votes: 17 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Please comment

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hellsdarkrose

Warren Veteran
Considering attempting another bond of Radish and Waffle at some point and wondering if I am mad.

Both buns are really happy as singles but I wonder if they would be happier together. For a bit of history both are girlies, were together for 2 weeks then fell out due I think to a combination of Waffle's illness (stasis) and too much space too soon. I attempted rebonding unsuccessfully a few months ago I think it failed as I tried it in the living room which is Radish territory and I don't think I did enough to neutralise the space beforehand.

On the other hand Waffle excessively humps Radish and another underlying factor in their fallout I think was this as Radish got really annoyed with it.

Just to add as well Waffle is very prone to stasis but we think we have gotten to the bottom of this as it seemed to be that she couldn't handle pellets. This may add another difficult dimension as Radish has pellets for breakfast so not sure how to handle this during bonding.

The plan this time would be to do the bond in the bedroom or office which is the territory of neither bun using the puppy pen which will be thoroughly cleaned with vinegar and fleeces on the floor or puppy pads.

So worth one more go? or leave it as they are both happy?

Last edited:
Perhaps have another go but send them away to be bonded so it is somewhere totally neutral and you can have time to rearrange accommodation to make it all different.

I'd give it another go, personally. Or even try doing a trio with a buck and if it doesn't work out then one of them will have a husbun- I seem to remember someone on here or another site saying they had two does that just would not get on but the introduction of a buck settled them down.

I'd give it another go, personally. Or even try doing a trio with a buck and if it doesn't work out then one of them will have a husbun- I seem to remember someone on here or another site saying they had two does that just would not get on but the introduction of a buck settled them down.

Sadly OH says no more bunnies under any circumstances so another bun isn't an option unfortunately.

Perhaps have another go but send them away to be bonded so it is somewhere totally neutral and you can have time to rearrange accommodation to make it all different.

OH isn't willing to pay for them to go away to be bonded so if bonding is to be it will have to be a DIY job. Also with Waffle's stasis issues I wouldn't be comfortable sending her to strange place as this might add to her stress.

yes I think you should try one more time, could you get someone experienced to come to your house to help you. Sometimes they know the signs better than we do... and you could slip them a few pounds without your OH knowing :lol:

How were they for the 2 weeks they were together? This is the reason Im trying again with my group because I remember what they were like - they got on brilliantly and I have some lovely photos of them as a group that I look back on and go awww - so its well worth another go!

Good Luck x

All buns need a friend as do us hoomans.How would your OH feel being on is own all his life?
I understand what you are saying but we don't have the money for another bun really and also does not want another bun in case they were to fall out and us be left with 3 singles and nowhere to house them.

yes I think you should try one more time, could you get someone experienced to come to your house to help you. Sometimes they know the signs better than we do... and you could slip them a few pounds without your OH knowing :lol:

How were they for the 2 weeks they were together? This is the reason Im trying again with my group because I remember what they were like - they got on brilliantly and I have some lovely photos of them as a group that I look back on and go awww - so its well worth another go!

Good Luck x
I know it was a difficult bonding but they got on well for the most part except the odd chasing and humping sessions. I gave some pics of them snuggled together which make me want to cry :cry:

I would try them again, on completely neutral territory.

Also, ignore the criticism of your OH, it sounds like he is being sensible.

I have a similar situation in that my pair fell out and wont rebond and I now have three single rabbits. I dont want, and dont have the finance, to take on any more bunnies at the minute. We have one inside but the other 2 live outside in wendy houses and arevery happy bunnies. We have just moved our accomodation so that they can live side by side so they at least get to see each other.

People will criticise, I get it alot. Bunnies are much happier in pairs- but they can be perfectly happy single and as long as they get lots of your time and attention and plenty of space to play then they will be fine.

I would try them again, on completely neutral territory.

Also, ignore the criticism of your OH, it sounds like he is being sensible.

Thank you.

There are at least 4 rooms including both bathrooms which neither bun has been in at all so should be completely neutral territory.

Now the question is when to attempt it. Oh and I are away on holiday at the end of September and we are looking after a friends bun for 2 weeks at the end of October.

I'm thinking maybe a weekend in between the 2 dates in October.

Thank you.

There are at least 4 rooms including both bathrooms which neither bun has been in at all so should be completely neutral territory.

Now the question is when to attempt it. Oh and I are away on holiday at the end of September and we are looking after a friends bun for 2 weeks at the end of October.

I'm thinking maybe a weekend in between the 2 dates in October.

I would wait until after your friends rabbits have been. Otherwise they might rebond but then fall out again if they can smell other bunnies.

I would wait until after your friends rabbits have been. Otherwise they might rebond but then fall out again if they can smell other bunnies.

Sounds like a plan and gives me preparation time.

If they don't bond I know it isn't ideal but they will stay as they are. They both seem happy in themselves and regularly binky and get lots of attention n

Related to this. How would I go about feeding Radish her pellets during the bonding period as Waffle cannot under any circumstances accidentally have one and I don't want to jeopardise the bonding chances by separating Radish for feeding.

Also Radish eats very quickly and Waffle slowly. I can't risk Radish eating all the food before Waffle gets a chance because she needs the vitamins and nutrients due to the fact she can't stomach pellets.

Related to this. How would I go about feeding Radish her pellets during the bonding period as Waffle cannot under any circumstances accidentally have one and I don't want to jeopardise the bonding chances by separating Radish for feeding.

Also Radish eats very quickly and Waffle slowly. I can't risk Radish eating all the food before Waffle gets a chance because she needs the vitamins and nutrients due to the fact she can't stomach pellets.

Anyone?

:wave:

Without separating its going to be very difficult. How will they be housed can you put a barrier in temporarily while they are eating?

To start the bonding they will be in a pen in the bedroom whilst I cleanse the living room. Then providing they get on they will move into the dog crate down there where I will increase the space gradually.

I thought this might be the issue which holds things up :( Waffle takes a good 2 hours to eat dinner in the evening and I can't risk seperating for that amount of time.

I could whilst bonding temporarily seperate them with a fleece blanket or something.

Back