• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit with weeping eyes u/d getting castrated!?

weedug

Mama Doe
Saw a gorgeous brown English spot bun in the P@H adoption, who had weepy eyes. Me being me :lol:, called a member of staff over to ask about the bun. Was given all the usual, it's a male, about a year etc. To which I replied "But look at his eyes. Has he been vet checked? There is obviously something wrong with him. Looks like maybe his teeth to me". I've no experience of dental buns, just what I have read on RU.

Anyway, bun is on his way to the vet this afternoon! They even showed me his appointment card! Must have thought I was a right stroppy cow :lol:.

The only other problem, is I think I am in love :love::love::lol:

Last edited:
Don't encourage me :lol:.

I have a weakness for male English spots :love::love:. I've never had a brown and white one...

Will phone later and see how he got on. Hopefully it will be an eye infection and not dental problems. At least he is getting seen though. Would hate him to be rehomed like that and sitting about for days or weeks in his new home not getting treatment :(

Good on you. Its horrible to think that bunnies may just be left like that.

I was in PAH once and a little bunny had a really runny nose. So I told one of the staff and she came and got him out and took him out the back. I dont know what happened after that but hopefully he got vet treatment.

hope you hear back about him this afternoon.

I was in PAH once and a little bunny had a really runny nose. So I told one of the staff and she came and got him out and took him out the back. I dont know what happened after that but hopefully he got vet treatment.

I was in one of my moods when in the shop and hunted around looking for the guy when he went off with the bun. I think that was why they showed me the appointment card :lol:

Have phoned about the bun. He's been to the vet, and is getting neutered tomorrow :shock:. Don't know how that is going to help his eyes :?.

According to the person I spoke to, his eyes were just a bit gunky.

Guess who is oh so very, very tempted :lol:

I found one in the pen with a big bloody hole in his ear once and told the staff - they took him out the back to 'recover'. He was back in the pen again the next time I went in but his ear looked much better so I think they must have taken him to the vet. :)

Have phoned about the bun. He's been to the vet, and is getting neutered tomorrow :shock:. Don't know how that is going to help his eyes :?.

According to the person I spoke to, his eyes were just a bit gunky.

Guess who is oh so very, very tempted :lol:

I don't think the vet would agree to neuter him if it was a big problem so perhaps they really are just a little gunky. Perhaps a reaction to the woodshavings they often use or something.

Go and get him! ;):D

I don't think the vet would agree to neuter him if it was a big problem so perhaps they really are just a little gunky. Perhaps a reaction to the woodshavings they often use or something.

Go and get him! ;):D

Never thought about the wood shavings :roll:. He's not been in the shop long so could be.

Can't use shavings for my Honey (not that I would want to) cause they make her sneeze. Sneezed something awful when I first got her, but is fine now she is on Megazorb, and blankets.

I'll need to go back to the shop in a few days, so will see how he is getting on then. Don't know why they are neutering him though, as they don't usually neuter the adoption buns. But he was lovely :love::love:

Don't know why they are neutering him though, as they don't usually neuter the adoption buns. But he was lovely :love::love:

Maybe the vet is a bit switched on and suggested that s/he would knock him out to flush his tear ducts and s/he might as well neuter him while she's at it as it would only take a couple of minutes longer...

I think they must be doing something else, not just a neuter.

Would tear ducts be an ongoing problem?

I use the same vet and they suggested that Floppy was neutered because he was getting an x-ray. They are quite good with buns, if you get the right person.

I've had two rabbits with runny eye problems -

Daphne, who I have now, but she has dental issues. And my first rabbit, Spooky. His teeth were fine but one eye would run every so often. He just used to have eye drops until it cleared up so it didn't cost a lot but they did recur a few times a year.

Back