• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

George is not well (we think)

confusedman

Mama Doe
George is not as active as usual. He seems to be fine, he is eating but there is something strange about him. His right eye is half close, but when he opens it we can not see any trace of infection or any harm.
There is a emergency vet open around the corner but we are trying to keep him under observation. We dont know though if he is pooing normally as he shares the hutch with Fanta. We dont want to separate them to avoid stress.
We will keep an eye on him. Any advice?

I believe in trusting your instincts. I think we know our bunnies and can pick up on little signs that all is not well. I would probably just keep an eye on him as if he is eating that is a good sign. If you can watch him regularly you may see him going to the loo at some point. You could feel under his tummy for any signs of gas or bloat (try doing a search on here for bloat for symptoms, as I am no expert on it).

I dont know if the weather is affecting them at the moment, most of ours are moulting and some of them have been in a funny mood for the last few days.

But Star was a bit like you said when she was on the verge of developing stasis, just being very lethargic and eyes half closed, not really moving around, but then she also was not eating.

Hope George will be ok.

Back